PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Print preview locks up outlook

 
 
JerryM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      4th Jun 2009
Using Office 2007. When trying to print preview in calendar, outlook locks
up and I can't exit. Same if try just to print. All works fine with other
modules. Ran repair program from CD with no change. Any ideas?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Diane Poremsky [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      4th Jun 2009
find and delete outlprnt (see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm if you need help finding
it) - if that doesn't help, try the calendar printing assistant. it's
linked at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp - the word
templates are worth trying too.


--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(E-Mail Removed)

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"JerryM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using Office 2007. When trying to print preview in calendar, outlook
> locks
> up and I can't exit. Same if try just to print. All works fine with
> other
> modules. Ran repair program from CD with no change. Any ideas?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JerryM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      7th Jun 2009
Thanks Diane, you made the fix easy. I had to work a little to get the
calendar set back up to print correctly for a daytimer senior pocket format,
but it works.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> find and delete outlprnt (see
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm if you need help finding
> it) - if that doesn't help, try the calendar printing assistant. it's
> linked at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp - the word
> templates are worth trying too.
>
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
>
> "JerryM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Using Office 2007. When trying to print preview in calendar, outlook
> > locks
> > up and I can't exit. Same if try just to print. All works fine with
> > other
> > modules. Ran repair program from CD with no change. Any ideas?

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Diane Poremsky [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      7th Jun 2009
I don't know if you'll run into this problem again, but you might want to
make a copy of the outlprnt file in case you have problems in the future -
restoring it could save you some time.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(E-Mail Removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"JerryM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Diane, you made the fix easy. I had to work a little to get the
> calendar set back up to print correctly for a daytimer senior pocket
> format,
> but it works.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> find and delete outlprnt (see
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm if you need help
>> finding
>> it) - if that doesn't help, try the calendar printing assistant. it's
>> linked at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp - the word
>> templates are worth trying too.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>
>>
>> "JerryM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Using Office 2007. When trying to print preview in calendar, outlook
>> > locks
>> > up and I can't exit. Same if try just to print. All works fine with
>> > other
>> > modules. Ran repair program from CD with no change. Any ideas?

>>
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Print preview locks up, but Report view works (2007) Dale Fye Microsoft Access Reports 2 1st Oct 2008 12:36 AM
Print preview in Excel 2003 locks computer Alisa Microsoft Excel Misc 2 5th Feb 2008 05:20 PM
Word locks up when doing print preview - what can I do to fix it? =?Utf-8?B?a21sdXNr?= Microsoft Word Document Management 2 23rd Sep 2005 12:08 AM
Print Preview HELP does not work on Print Preview Menu Bar JG Windows XP Internet Explorer 0 23rd Jul 2003 03:26 AM
Excel 2000 locks when doing a Print Preview Tim Econ Microsoft Excel Misc 0 21st Jul 2003 09:17 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:48 AM.