http://www.slovaktech.com
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"escamoteur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form
> Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed from my addin??
>
> Best
>
> Tom

escamoteur

      7th Aug 2009
Ok, I see it in the designer, but I can't see how it will look like with automatic layout.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The form region itself will be there in the designer, but to see how it
> looks with the underlying item you need to run it from an addin.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "escamoteur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form
>> Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed from my addin??
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Tom

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

      7th Aug 2009
Right, that and how it will look in conjunction with the actual form all
need to be run from an addin to see.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"escamoteur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I see it in the designer, but I can't see how it will look like with
> automatic layout.
>

> "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The form region itself will be there in the designer, but to see how it
>> looks with the underlying item you need to run it from an addin.
>>
>> --
>> Ken Slovak
>> [MVP - Outlook]
>> http://www.slovaktech.com
>> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
>> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
>> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>>

>> "escamoteur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form
>>> Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed from my
>>> addin??
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Tom

escamoteur

      9th Aug 2009
I found a way to make the design and "Preview" easier without a Add-in.

If you define the manifest in a way that you don't define a add-in instead provide the path to the Formregion file then you can
modify and test the form quite easyly.
Set the newly registered form as default form for a folder via the Outlook Userinterface (Folder-Properties)

When you now create a new item in this folder you will see your new Form in action.

The nice thing about it is, that you can modify the form in the designer, save it and just create a ew item an you will see the
changes without changing the Add-In or to restart Outlook.

Best

Tom