prevent subforms from loading

Dan

      20th Aug 2004
I am trying to prevent the subforms from loading when a
form opens, so that the form isn't so slow to open.

Anyone know a value to change to do so?

If I can keep it from loading, I can use VBA code to load
it later.

The application I am trying to fix has a form, a tab
control with 6 pages and multiple subforms (> 1 per page)

It is taking a long time to load for the amount of data
involved.

(No - I didn't write it - I just have the pleasure of
supporting it!)

Ken Snell [MVP]

      20th Aug 2004
Just open the subform in design view and delete the Recordsource.

You can set it later when the form is open via VBA code or via macro.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

news:a0b801c486e3$95030dc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to prevent the subforms from loading when a
> form opens, so that the form isn't so slow to open.
>
> Anyone know a value to change to do so?
>
> If I can keep it from loading, I can use VBA code to load
> it later.
>
> The application I am trying to fix has a form, a tab
> control with 6 pages and multiple subforms (> 1 per page)
>
> It is taking a long time to load for the amount of data
> involved.
>
> (No - I didn't write it - I just have the pleasure of
> supporting it!)

Dan

      20th Aug 2004
Thanks - I'll give that a shot.

message
>news:a0b801c486e3$95030dc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am trying to prevent the subforms from loading when a
>> form opens, so that the form isn't so slow to open.
>>
>> Anyone know a value to change to do so?
>>
>> If I can keep it from loading, I can use VBA code to

load
>> it later.
>>
>> The application I am trying to fix has a form, a tab
>> control with 6 pages and multiple subforms (> 1 per

page)

>> It is taking a long time to load for the amount of data
>> involved.
>>
>> (No - I didn't write it - I just have the pleasure of
>> supporting it!)
>>

>.

Ken Snell [MVP]

      20th Aug 2004
Just to be sure that I made sense....after you delete the recordsource, save
and close the subform. That way, it'll never have a recordsource when it's
opened as part of the main form. So no data need to be loaded at that time.
When your code sets the recordsource of the subform, the data will load
then.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

news:9e9601c486e6$aa8bb860$(E-Mail Removed)...