Prevent files from unauthorized copying.

      22nd Aug 2003
Hi Everybody,
We are looking for a solution that prevent unauthorized copying of files
We will create some files and put them onto customer's Server or PC but we
don't want them to copy that files to another Server or PC is there any way
to implement this solution ?

Best Regards
Bayram Guldibi.

SCHMO

      26th Aug 2003
I don't beleve there is a MS solution for such a thing, however you can
protect the files by using some kind of encryption that is only decryptable
by a generated key (made by the computers hardware using things like the mac
addr of the network card or whatever else that won't change) and a default
key(for emergencies). Other than that... I think you are out of luck.

--==ahem==-- that's a pretty nifty idea... maybe someone should create such
a file system --==ahem==--

C.D.Kuder

      28th Aug 2003
The only time I've ever found a system that did this more or less
successfully was a point of sale system. It used a hidden partition, and C++
based software. I suspect that the files were locked to the POS program as
well. You could copy things, but the copy would not work.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...