PPT embedded video won't play

Craig

      28th Feb 2010
I did a powerpoint and embedded some wmv's in to it. I sent my presentation
to a person who said she could run the powerpoint but that videos did not
play. If she clicks on the individual video files, they play and thereafter
they also play in the powerpoint. So the videos in the powerpoint will not
work from within the powerpoint until they are individually played by windows
media player. There after they work fine. I need to distribute this
presentation widely. Can I solve this issue so that other people do not have
it?

John Wilson

      28th Feb 2010
When you inserted the video did you choose start "Automatically" or "When
Clicked"??
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

"Craig" wrote:

> I did a powerpoint and embedded some wmv's in to it. I sent my presentation
> to a person who said she could run the powerpoint but that videos did not
> play. If she clicks on the individual video files, they play and thereafter
> they also play in the powerpoint. So the videos in the powerpoint will not
> work from within the powerpoint until they are individually played by windows
> media player. There after they work fine. I need to distribute this
> presentation widely. Can I solve this issue so that other people do not have
> it?

LVTravel

      1st Mar 2010

"Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I did a powerpoint and embedded some wmv's in to it. I sent my
> presentation
> to a person who said she could run the powerpoint but that videos did not
> play. If she clicks on the individual video files, they play and
> thereafter
> they also play in the powerpoint. So the videos in the powerpoint will
> not
> work from within the powerpoint until they are individually played by
> windows
> media player. There after they work fine. I need to distribute this
> presentation widely. Can I solve this issue so that other people do not
> have
> it?

Video files can not be embedded in any current version of PPT (but will be
able to be done with PPT 2010.) They are linked files. When you create the
PPT presentation copy all the files you will use into the same folder that
you save the PPT presentation in prior to linking. Then either Package for
CD or zip the files and send them to be unzipped into the same folder name
and path at the receiving end. That is the only way to get video files to
play at the other end.

Jack

      27th May 2010
As for me.i prefer use Presentation To Video Converter..
I like it convers very quickly without any problems.