PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Powerpoint problem super puzzling

 
 
Torrance Pollard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      23rd Feb 2005
Objective:
Powerpoint slide that automatically updates its information from a website
each time the slide comes up in rotation. After the slide is updated I need
it to save the file as an image. The reason I need it as an image is because
I need it to upload to another computer which displays on the production
floor. The computer i'm uploading to doesn't have internet access, therefore
it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied on
ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve Rindsberg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      23rd Feb 2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Torrance Pollard wrote:
> Objective:
> Powerpoint slide that automatically updates its information from a website
> each time the slide comes up in rotation.


If you need to display a web page and update that, then see http://skp.mvps.org
and look for Shyam's Live Web addin.

Otherwise, please explain in more detail exactly what you need to update and in
what form it's available on the web site.

> After the slide is updated I need
> it to save the file as an image.


That part's simple enough to do manually or via VBA (the Save As dialog box
will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then let you
save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images).


The reason I need it as an image is because
> I need it to upload to another computer which displays on the production
> floor. The computer i'm uploading to doesn't have internet access, therefore
> it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
> If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied on
> ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks
>


-----------------------------------------
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com
================================================


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Torrance Pollard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      23rd Feb 2005
Thanks for the response. This is more info on what I am trying to do.
I am currently using the Live Web program on my office pc. The way our
system is setup is that I can create powerpoint presentations on my computer
then I can upload them to the harddrive of the computer on the production
floor. The computer on the floor uses powerpoint to run the file I uploaded
on a big screen t.v..

The problem is that the computer on the floor has no access to the internet.
So let's say powerpoint on my computer has a slide in it that is linked to
CNN's homepage. I'm trying to figure out how to save that page as an image
then I want to upload th image to the harddrive of the computer on the
production floor where it can be displayed on that monitor. Hope this helps
because I need help.

Please tell me more about this "That part's simple enough to do manually or
via VBA (the Save As dialog box
> will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then

let you
> save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images)."





"Steve Rindsberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Torrance Pollard wrote:
> > Objective:
> > Powerpoint slide that automatically updates its information from a

website
> > each time the slide comes up in rotation.

>
> If you need to display a web page and update that, then see

http://skp.mvps.org
> and look for Shyam's Live Web addin.
>
> Otherwise, please explain in more detail exactly what you need to update

and in
> what form it's available on the web site.
>
> > After the slide is updated I need
> > it to save the file as an image.

>
> That part's simple enough to do manually or via VBA (the Save As dialog

box
> will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then

let you
> save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images).
>
>
> The reason I need it as an image is because
> > I need it to upload to another computer which displays on the production
> > floor. The computer i'm uploading to doesn't have internet access,

therefore
> > it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
> > If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied

on
> > ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks
> >

>
> -----------------------------------------
> Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
> PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
> PPTools: www.pptools.com
> ================================================
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve Rindsberg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      23rd Feb 2005
> Please tell me more about this

"That part's simple enough to do manually or
> via VBA (the Save As dialog box
> > will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then

> let you
> > save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images)."


Try doing just what I described: File, Save As, choose eg PNG in the Save As
Type dropdown, give the file a name and click Save. PowerPoint will ask
whether you want to export just the current slide or the entire presentation.
Choose whichever one suits your purposes and let it roll.

This doesn't give you a lot of control over image resolution and may produce
images that are lower rez than you need. If so, have a look here for several
workarounds:

Improve PowerPoint's GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG export resolution
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00052.htm


>
> "Steve Rindsberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Torrance Pollard wrote:
> > > Objective:
> > > Powerpoint slide that automatically updates its information from a

> website
> > > each time the slide comes up in rotation.

> >
> > If you need to display a web page and update that, then see

> http://skp.mvps.org
> > and look for Shyam's Live Web addin.
> >
> > Otherwise, please explain in more detail exactly what you need to update

> and in
> > what form it's available on the web site.
> >
> > > After the slide is updated I need
> > > it to save the file as an image.

> >
> > That part's simple enough to do manually or via VBA (the Save As dialog

> box
> > will let you choose PNG, JPG, etc in the Save As dropdown and will then

> let you
> > save the current slide or all slides in the presentation as images).
> >
> >
> > The reason I need it as an image is because
> > > I need it to upload to another computer which displays on the production
> > > floor. The computer i'm uploading to doesn't have internet access,

> therefore
> > > it has to be saved as an image and not just a link to a website.
> > > If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied

> on
> > > ways to do this for a couple of months. thanks
> > >

> >
> > -----------------------------------------
> > Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
> > PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
> > PPTools: www.pptools.com
> > ================================================
> >
> >

>


-----------------------------------------
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com
================================================


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PowerPoint versions puzzle: PowerPoint 2003 to PowerPoint 2007,PowerPoint 2007 to PowerPoint 2003? Dwightgenius Microsoft Powerpoint 1 1st Jul 2009 07:38 AM
Re: super super hidden directories within $RECYCLE.BIN Donald Lessau Windows Vista File Management 0 4th Dec 2008 10:44 AM
Puzzling driver problem =?Utf-8?B?RGFpbHlw?= Windows XP Networking 0 26th Dec 2004 11:55 PM
Puzzling problem with WMP Video Controls Jeff Windows XP Video 0 4th Sep 2004 07:35 PM
Super fast system went super sluggish after registry curruption Ken Poston Windows XP Help 1 25th Oct 2003 08:44 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:45 PM.