power user installation problems

=?Utf-8?B?ZnJhbmtp?=

      1st Apr 2004
I am having trouble with members of power users group installing an Msi package on a 2000 pro machine
no problem with admin users. What should I be looking for in the .msi that might prevent powerusers from installing

Phil Wilson

      2nd Apr 2004
Custom actions maybe, but it might help if you could describe the error or
what's not working. A log can help sometimes:
msiexec /i <path to msi file> /l*v myinstall.log
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]
"franki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having trouble with members of power users group installing an Msi

package on a 2000 pro machine.
> no problem with admin users. What should I be looking for in the .msi

that might prevent powerusers from installing?

Phil Wilson

      2nd Apr 2004
I think this DLL wants to create some entries under the
HKLM\System\CurentControlSet\Services key - that might be the problem.
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----
"franki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've go t some more information. The specific error is something like "..

module path/Mssoap30.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147467259 (80004005).
> I know this is an access violation error but on what? And why just this one

dll?
> If I go to an admin acct and register this dll, the app will run under the

power user acct.