Possible to share WM mailstore between two user accounts ??

Synapse Syndrome

      24th Jul 2007

I have my WM mailstore stored on a D: drive, which I keep a lot of stuff
that I like to have on two drives using RAID1.

I only use WM for newsgroups, not email.

I was wondering if I could share this mailstore with another user account.
Would there be any problems with doing this?

If it was possible, can one user account still be logged in while accessing
the mailstore from the other account?

Cheers

ss.

Steve Cochran

      25th Jul 2007
I don't know how you can have both user accounts open at the same time.

Otherwise it is possible, but when you switch users you have to copy over
the account files from the other user, as the passwords are encrypted
differently between the two profiles. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm
for details. The message store and the registry keys have to be the same
between the two users.

steve

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have my WM mailstore stored on a D: drive, which I keep a lot of stuff
> that I like to have on two drives using RAID1.
>
> I only use WM for newsgroups, not email.
>
> I was wondering if I could share this mailstore with another user account.
> Would there be any problems with doing this?
>
> If it was possible, can one user account still be logged in while
> accessing the mailstore from the other account?
>
> Cheers
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

      25th Jul 2007
"Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't know how you can have both user accounts open at the same time.

What I meant was one being logged in, while using the other through 'fast
user switching' and 'secondary logon'.

> Otherwise it is possible, but when you switch users you have to copy over
> the account files from the other user, as the passwords are encrypted
> differently between the two profiles. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm
> for details. The message store and the registry keys have to be the same
> between the two users.

So sharing the mailstore between two user accounts is possible then? I know
how to transfer the account details and registry keys.

I am still a bit worried if two accounts using the mailstore at the same
time will corrupt it. e.g. the regular send/receive actions while an
account is still logged in. Are you sure that my mailstore will be safe?

Thanks.

ss.

Ron Sommer

      25th Jul 2007
You can't use fast user switching if WinMail is open when you switch.
--
Ronald Sommer

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
: "Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >I don't know how you can have both user accounts open at the same time.
:
:
[...]

      1st Aug 2007
"Ron Sommer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ewtqW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can't use fast user switching if WinMail is open when you switch.

Well, it seems to run while using fast user switching, so I do not know what
you are talking about.

ss.