Port numbers for Active Directory

tom D

      4th Mar 2004
I am installing a new Cisco PIX 515 Firewall with 6
ethernet ports. I will have Windows 2000 Active directory
servers in 1 domain in multiple segments on the PIX. They
will have to talk to each other so I will have to create
an access-list to open ports. What ports does active-
directory use?

Thanks

Tom

Seth Scruggs [MSFT]

      4th Mar 2004
Hi Tom -

This should help:

179442 How to Configure a Firewall for Domains and Trusts
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=179442

"tom D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6c9901c401ed$2b6c47d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am installing a new Cisco PIX 515 Firewall with 6
> ethernet ports. I will have Windows 2000 Active directory
> servers in 1 domain in multiple segments on the PIX. They
> will have to talk to each other so I will have to create
> an access-list to open ports. What ports does active-
> directory use?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

a-chadl [MSFT]

      4th Mar 2004
| I am installing a new Cisco PIX 515 Firewall with 6
| ethernet ports. I will have Windows 2000 Active directory
| servers in 1 domain in multiple segments on the PIX. They
| will have to talk to each other so I will have to create
| an access-list to open ports. What ports does active-
| directory use?
|
| Thanks
|
| Tom

Tom,

The following article details commonly used ports:

832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows Server System
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832017

Chad A. Lacy
Windows 2000 Directory Services