Popup event of MenuItem of ContextMenu of NotifyIcon does not fire

=?Utf-8?B?VHJhdmlzIFBldHRpam9obg==?=

      6th Feb 2005
I have a Form that has a NotifyIcon. I created a ContextMenu with MenuItems
(with some sub-MenuItems) and assign that to the ContextMenu of the
NotifyIcon. When I navigate through the MenuItems, the Popup event of the
MenuItems never fire. (If I assign the ContextMenu to a TextBox, the events
fire as expected.) I see that this issue is documented here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...d=kb;en;814737

That article says that it's about a Beta release of a product, and it's
dated May 12, 2003. I'm hoping to build these menus dynamically so that I can
navigate through a graph data structure. Responding to the Popup event of the
ContextMenu (the workaround proposed in the article) is impractical, as it
only fires once when the ContextMenu is first displayed. That would mean that
I would have to expand every possible path of the graph, which would be much
too expensive.

Is there a better workaround, or am I missing something?

I'm using the .NET Framework 1.1 on XP SP2.

Travis

=?Utf-8?B?VHJhdmlzIFBldHRpam9obg==?=

      9th Feb 2005
No reply? There's no workaround to get the MenuItem's Popup events to fire?