Pop-Up Blocker is OFF but still blocks pop-ups!

=?Utf-8?B?aXZvcnlfa2l0dGVu?=

      18th Apr 2006
Is there a way to uninstall this feature? This has just recently occured so
possibly has been triggered by an update. I don't want to use Windows Crappy
Pop-Up Blocker. It's lame! Please help me get rid of it!

RWS

      18th Apr 2006
"ivory_kitten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Is there a way to uninstall this feature? This has just recently occured so
possibly has been triggered by an update. I don't want to use Windows Crappy
Pop-Up Blocker. It's lame! Please help me get rid of it!

1. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then hover on Pop-up Blocker -
Make sure that the only available option is "Turn On Pop-up Blocker"
(meaning that it is indeed Off)
2. If Pop-ups are still being blocked, then it is some other Pop-up Blocker at work.
3. In Internet Explorer, click on View and then hover on Toolbars -
Make note of any Third-Party toolbars that may be installed whether they are
checked or unchecked. Any toolbars such as Google, Yahoo Companion, Starware,
Viewpoint, etc. have Pop-up Blocker components that may be functioning even if the toolbar
is unchecked in View / Toolbars. If actually using any of those junk toolbars, then
you will need to turn off their pop-up blocker from within the toolbar itself or just go
to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall any and all such junk toolbars and then
reboot the computer and then test Internet Explorer behavior.
4. Other possible sources of Pop-up blockers could be Anti Virus or Firewall programs
and would need to be investigated / configured appropriately.
5. BTW, I use Internet Explorer's Pop-up blocker and find it very easy to configure
and don't quite understand why you think it is "Crappy". I also never install any junk
Third-Party toolbars, and know how to configure my ZoneAlarm Pro Security Suite.
6. HTH

babu

      18th Apr 2006
Hi !,
U r right earlier I installed ZoneAlarm Pro Security Suite but because
of this pop-up blocking I removed that, still my IE status-bar is
showing "pop-up blocked".
Some time only after preesing CTRL i am able to see that link.
Pls. advise me to get rid of this problem
Thanks
Dibakar

=?Utf-8?B?aXZvcnlfa2l0dGVu?=

      20th Apr 2006
1. Internet Explorer definitely says Turn On Pop-Up Blocker (so it's
definitely OFF there)
2. I do not use crappy third party toolbars either
3. I have McAfee and the Pop-Up Blocker is disabled there too!

I don't use a pop-up blocker as I do not really have a lot of pop-ups. I
know it's blocking because I can't log in to internet banking unless I hold
control because it opens it in a new window.

It has to be an update that caused it because I've not had this problem
previously

"RWS" wrote:

> "ivory_kitten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to uninstall this feature? This has just recently occured so
> possibly has been triggered by an update. I don't want to use Windows Crappy
> Pop-Up Blocker. It's lame! Please help me get rid of it!

> 1. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then hover on Pop-up Blocker -
> Make sure that the only available option is "Turn On Pop-up Blocker"
> (meaning that it is indeed Off)
> 2. If Pop-ups are still being blocked, then it is some other Pop-up Blocker at work.
> 3. In Internet Explorer, click on View and then hover on Toolbars -
> Make note of any Third-Party toolbars that may be installed whether they are
> checked or unchecked. Any toolbars such as Google, Yahoo Companion, Starware,
> Viewpoint, etc. have Pop-up Blocker components that may be functioning even if the toolbar
> is unchecked in View / Toolbars. If actually using any of those junk toolbars, then
> you will need to turn off their pop-up blocker from within the toolbar itself or just go
> to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall any and all such junk toolbars and then
> reboot the computer and then test Internet Explorer behavior.
> 4. Other possible sources of Pop-up blockers could be Anti Virus or Firewall programs
> and would need to be investigated / configured appropriately.
> 5. BTW, I use Internet Explorer's Pop-up blocker and find it very easy to configure
> and don't quite understand why you think it is "Crappy". I also never install any junk
> Third-Party toolbars, and know how to configure my ZoneAlarm Pro Security Suite.
> 6. HTH

RWS

      20th Apr 2006
"ivory_kitten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
1. Internet Explorer definitely says Turn On Pop-Up Blocker (so it's
definitely OFF there)
2. I do not use crappy third party toolbars either
3. I have McAfee and the Pop-Up Blocker is disabled there too!

I don't use a pop-up blocker as I do not really have a lot of pop-ups. I
know it's blocking because I can't log in to internet banking unless I hold
control because it opens it in a new window.

It has to be an update that caused it because I've not had this problem
previously

I am sorry that your problem has not been resolved yet.
Despite the recent debacle with Security update 908531 (MS06-015)
that led to the release of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 -
I am not convinced that your situation "has to be an update that caused it"
The issue still sounds like some kind of pop-up blocker at work,
especially since holding down the CTRL key bypasses the effect;
as that is a procedure for bypassing some but not all pop-up blockers.
If you have not done so, please make a thorough check of Add or Remove Programs
to make sure that no toolbars such as Google or Yahoo Companion or
ANY pop-up blockers are not installed. Yahoo Companion can hitch a ride
with updates to Adobe Reader and Google does the same with Java updates.
If no such entity is listed and nothing out of the ordinary is revealed under
Internet Exploer / View / Toolbars, then maybe should check Internet Explorer /
Tools / Manage Add-ons for anything suspicious.
If you are on a broadband connection, you could try booting to Safe Mode With Networking
and see if the issue occurs. If not, then that means that some program is loading
in Normal Mode and is causing the issue.