Event ID: 26
Date: 10/29/2003
Time: 11:19:14 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PATEL2
Application popup: cisvc.exe - No Disk : There is no disk
in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
\Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Has any had this problem or know how to resolve.

Thanks
Nick Patel

James Overstreet

      29th Oct 2003

it could perform the operation that it is wanting to
perform ? Although, according to the second part of the
message, it does not sound like it is trying to address to
floppy drive.

Vanguard

      29th Oct 2003
Did you check what NT service utilizes the cisvc.exe program? Having to
look at the properties of each service listed in the Services applet can
be nuisancesome. You can look under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services; there is a cisvc
subkey. This shows it is the "Indexing Service" service.

Do you really need this service always running? I have mine set to
Manual mode since I don't need it wasting resources and consuming CPU
cycles for a feature that I don't need since I'm not running a file
server. If you really need to have this service running all the time,
use the Computer Management MMC applet (compmgmt.msc) to check what
catalogs you have defined for the Indexing Service. Maybe you have a
catalog defined on a floppy drive.

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

news:023201c39e53$b64671d0$(E-Mail Removed)...