PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?dmlsbGFnZSBpZGlvdA==?=

      2nd Apr 2006
An alert came up as error code 0x80508021, saying basically that "changes
were recently made to your computer.........microsoft hasn't analyzed it
yet......only if you trust........". The publisher is Gteko Ltd, the agent
is "services drivers", checkpoint is drivers. It says that "services and
drivers change occurred". The path name is
C:\windows\system32\DDMI2 (driver SDDMI2). The publisher Gteko Ltd was not
digitally signed. The original file name was DDMI2.sys and it was created
well before I got my computer (new from Dell). Since I did not know whether
to allow it, and I did not want to remove it because I think drivers are
pretty important (???), I decided to block, and that is when WinDef
encountered
error 0x80501001. Do I need to go back in and allow this, since it is a
driver? Am I wrong about drivers? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have read almost
all of your messages, and have not seen this error number, or any errors
about drivers.

Thank you so much!
Village Idiot

Tom Emmelot

      2nd Apr 2006
Hello,

i dont now, helping a village idiot, they are most hanging around poking
there nose !
But you have a Dell PC and it belong to Dell Support program so dont
Block but Ignore!

Regards >*< TOM >*<

village idiot schreef:
> An alert came up as error code 0x80508021, saying basically that "changes
> were recently made to your computer.........microsoft hasn't analyzed it
> yet......only if you trust........". The publisher is Gteko Ltd, the agent
> is "services drivers", checkpoint is drivers. It says that "services and
> drivers change occurred". The path name is
> C:\windows\system32\DDMI2 (driver SDDMI2). The publisher Gteko Ltd was not
> digitally signed. The original file name was DDMI2.sys and it was created
> well before I got my computer (new from Dell). Since I did not know whether
> to allow it, and I did not want to remove it because I think drivers are
> pretty important (???), I decided to block, and that is when WinDef
> encountered
> error 0x80501001. Do I need to go back in and allow this, since it is a
> driver? Am I wrong about drivers? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have read almost
> all of your messages, and have not seen this error number, or any errors
> about drivers.
>
> Thank you so much!
> Village Idiot

=?Utf-8?B?T2xkIFJlYmVs?=

      2nd Apr 2006
That'r right. SSDMI2 is the driver for Dell Support 3.1. Dell support will be
crippled and will not provide updates to your PC without that service
functioning. Defender finds Dell Support instrusive because it scans deeply
throughout the PC, but it is needed and to be expected. Check your Event
Viewer after you unblock it and make sure that the SSDMI2 service has
successfully started. If it won't, you may need to re-install Dell Support
3.1.
--
Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

"Tom Emmelot" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i dont now, helping a village idiot, they are most hanging around poking
> there nose !
> But you have a Dell PC and it belong to Dell Support program so dont
> Block but Ignore!
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>
> village idiot schreef:
> > An alert came up as error code 0x80508021, saying basically that "changes
> > were recently made to your computer.........microsoft hasn't analyzed it
> > yet......only if you trust........". The publisher is Gteko Ltd, the agent
> > is "services drivers", checkpoint is drivers. It says that "services and
> > drivers change occurred". The path name is
> > C:\windows\system32\DDMI2 (driver SDDMI2). The publisher Gteko Ltd was not
> > digitally signed. The original file name was DDMI2.sys and it was created
> > well before I got my computer (new from Dell). Since I did not know whether
> > to allow it, and I did not want to remove it because I think drivers are
> > pretty important (???), I decided to block, and that is when WinDef
> > encountered
> > error 0x80501001. Do I need to go back in and allow this, since it is a
> > driver? Am I wrong about drivers? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have read almost
> > all of your messages, and have not seen this error number, or any errors
> > about drivers.
> >
> > Thank you so much!
> > Village Idiot

=?Utf-8?B?dmlsbGFnZSBpZGlvdA==?=

      2nd Apr 2006
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried about this. Now this village idiot
can worry about something else!!!! :-D

"Old Rebel" wrote:

> That'r right. SSDMI2 is the driver for Dell Support 3.1. Dell support will be
> crippled and will not provide updates to your PC without that service
> functioning. Defender finds Dell Support instrusive because it scans deeply
> throughout the PC, but it is needed and to be expected. Check your Event
> Viewer after you unblock it and make sure that the SSDMI2 service has
> successfully started. If it won't, you may need to re-install Dell Support
> 3.1.
> --
> Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!
>

> "Tom Emmelot" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i dont now, helping a village idiot, they are most hanging around poking
> > there nose !
> > But you have a Dell PC and it belong to Dell Support program so dont
> > Block but Ignore!
> >
> > Regards >*< TOM >*<
> >
> > village idiot schreef:
> > > An alert came up as error code 0x80508021, saying basically that "changes
> > > were recently made to your computer.........microsoft hasn't analyzed it
> > > yet......only if you trust........". The publisher is Gteko Ltd, the agent
> > > is "services drivers", checkpoint is drivers. It says that "services and
> > > drivers change occurred". The path name is
> > > C:\windows\system32\DDMI2 (driver SDDMI2). The publisher Gteko Ltd was not
> > > digitally signed. The original file name was DDMI2.sys and it was created
> > > well before I got my computer (new from Dell). Since I did not know whether
> > > to allow it, and I did not want to remove it because I think drivers are
> > > pretty important (???), I decided to block, and that is when WinDef
> > > encountered
> > > error 0x80501001. Do I need to go back in and allow this, since it is a
> > > driver? Am I wrong about drivers? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have read almost
> > > all of your messages, and have not seen this error number, or any errors
> > > about drivers.
> > >
> > > Thank you so much!
> > > Village Idiot

Tom Emmelot

      3rd Apr 2006
Hello Village Idiot,

go sit on the bench, smoke a pipe and drink a bear and dont worry!

Regards >*< TOM >*<

village idiot schreef:
> THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried about this. Now this village idiot
> can worry about something else!!!! :-D
>
> "Old Rebel" wrote:
>

>>That'r right. SSDMI2 is the driver for Dell Support 3.1. Dell support will be
>>crippled and will not provide updates to your PC without that service
>>functioning. Defender finds Dell Support instrusive because it scans deeply
>>throughout the PC, but it is needed and to be expected. Check your Event
>>Viewer after you unblock it and make sure that the SSDMI2 service has
>>successfully started. If it won't, you may need to re-install Dell Support
>>3.1.
>>--
>>Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!
>>

>>"Tom Emmelot" wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>i dont now, helping a village idiot, they are most hanging around poking
>>>there nose !
>>>But you have a Dell PC and it belong to Dell Support program so dont
>>>Block but Ignore!
>>>
>>>Regards >*< TOM >*<

Bill Sanderson MVP

      9th Apr 2006
I hesitate to inform you, but you've suggested that he drink a very large,
ferocious furry animal (ursinus?)--rather than a beer..... <G>

(English spelling is very difficult, even for the natives!)

--

"Tom Emmelot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Village Idiot,
>
> go sit on the bench, smoke a pipe and drink a bear and dont worry!
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>

> village idiot schreef:
>> THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried about this. Now this village
>> idiot
>> can worry about something else!!!! :-D
>>
>> "Old Rebel" wrote:
>>

>>>That'r right. SSDMI2 is the driver for Dell Support 3.1. Dell support
>>>will be
>>>crippled and will not provide updates to your PC without that service
>>>functioning. Defender finds Dell Support instrusive because it scans
>>>deeply
>>>throughout the PC, but it is needed and to be expected. Check your
>>>Event
>>>Viewer after you unblock it and make sure that the SSDMI2 service has
>>>successfully started. If it won't, you may need to re-install Dell
>>>Support
>>>3.1.
>>>--
>>>Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

=?Utf-8?B?dmlsbGFnZSBpZGlvdA==?=

      11th Apr 2006
Bill..................coulda been Tom's not so subtle way to "get rid of
me"!!! hehe Sure ain't easy trying to drink a bear......
Village Idiot

"Bill Sanderson MVP" wrote:

> I hesitate to inform you, but you've suggested that he drink a very large,
> ferocious furry animal (ursinus?)--rather than a beer..... <G>
>
> (English spelling is very difficult, even for the natives!)
>
> --
>
> "Tom Emmelot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello Village Idiot,
> >
> > go sit on the bench, smoke a pipe and drink a bear and dont worry!
> >
> > Regards >*< TOM >*<
> >

> > village idiot schreef:
> >> THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried about this. Now this village
> >> idiot
> >> can worry about something else!!!! :-D

Bill Sanderson MVP

      11th Apr 2006
I think he may have been taking your handle too literally!
--

news:(E-Mail Removed)...