PC Review

please help!!! network problem

2nd Mar 2012

i want to get rid of this. we have internet cafe and i want to connect to the internet without opening up the server. This program was on the server and the other computers dont have internet unless the server is turned on.. what should i do?

Master of Logic

2nd Mar 2012
sounds like a remote access setup. You probably have to modify the group policy for network connections.

If you have an internet cafe, isn't the point to charge customers for connections? If you remove the remote access policy, chances are that you won't be able to monitor sessions for time and billing.

-Surfer

I'm not a rocket surgeon, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

23rd Apr 2012
Follow the 10 steps below:

1.Install the Home Storage Manager by inserting the CD included with the drive into your computer's optical bay. Follow the on-screen instructions to scan for and access the device.

2.Click the Iomega Home Storage Manager's icon in your system tray, then click "Configure."

3.Click "Administration."

4.Click "Log In" if you have not yet created an administrative password. If you have, enter your password and click "Log In."

5.Click "Remote Access."

6.Enter a new Remote Access password, if one has not been set, when prompted.

7.Enter a name for your device next to "Storage Device Name."

8.Enter a network identifier for the Iomega device in the "Domain Name" field.

9.Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field.

10.Click "Apply." The device has now been configured for remote access.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: