Please help: A memory Allocation question in WIn2000 Server.

AA

      7th Jan 2004
My OS is win2000 Server with 4G RAM. I have an application that need
allocate between 2G to 3G RAM.
In MSDN, I find that in win NT4.0 Enterprise edition and Win2000 Advance
Server configuration, I can append the flag
"/3G" in boot.ini so that each process can allocate at most 3G memory, not
2G RAM in default.

I try to add this "/3G" in the boot.ini in the WIN2000 Server but each
process still cannot allocate more than 2G memory. Is there any suggestion?
Is there any simple method to allow the application can allocate 3G RAM?

Thanks
--
Regards,

Anthony Lam

LiquidJ

      7th Jan 2004
Check out google groups for the past articles in
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel. This has been discussed before in
that group.

{L}

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...