please help me. slave drive not showing up

mia vai

      8th May 2009
Hi I'm having problem with my sony vaio desktop. Two month ago I put 500gb hd
as slave drive a professional comp. Tec install it. That hdd was showing up
as new volume. It’s been working good until last week. It got virus and
crash. Then I did the clean install XP os from recovery cd. Old os was XP
before crash. After install xp it did not showing up slave drive on MY
COMPUTER. It went back to brand new computer how I bought from store. But on
the bios it showing primary and new 5oogb as slave drive. Then I try clean
installing os again. After finish installing when try to restart its prompt
NTLDR IS MISSING. I don't know what to do now someone please help me.

Leythos

      8th May 2009
You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

"mia vai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I'm having problem with my sony vaio desktop. Two month ago I put 500gb
> hd
> as slave drive a professional comp. Tec install it. That hdd was showing
> up
> as new volume. It’s been working good until last week. It got virus and
> crash. Then I did the clean install XP os from recovery cd. Old os was
> XP
> before crash. After install xp it did not showing up slave drive on MY
> COMPUTER. It went back to brand new computer how I bought from store. But
> on
> the bios it showing primary and new 5oogb as slave drive. Then I try clean
> installing os again. After finish installing when try to restart its
> prompt
> NTLDR IS MISSING. I don't know what to do now someone please help me.

Malke

      9th May 2009
Leythos wrote:

> You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

Creep. We all know it's you, Chris.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Malke

      9th May 2009
mia vai wrote:

> Hi I'm having problem with my sony vaio desktop. Two month ago I put 500gb
> hd as slave drive a professional comp. Tec install it. That hdd was
> showing up as new volume. It?s been working good until last week. It got
> virus and
> crash. Then I did the clean install XP os from recovery cd. Old os was
> XP before crash. After install xp it did not showing up slave drive on MY
> COMPUTER. It went back to brand new computer how I bought from store. But
> on the bios it showing primary and new 5oogb as slave drive. Then I try
> clean installing os again. After finish installing when try to restart its
> prompt NTLDR IS MISSING. I don't know what to do now someone please help
> me.

The person posting as "Leythos" is a troll. Ignore him.

I am not sure what exactly is going on with your computer. Disconnect the
slave drive and restore to factory condition again. Then post back and tell
us if everything is working OK. Leave the slave drive disconnected until
you know your computer is working fine as it came from the factory.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Leythos

      9th May 2009
In article <2A2Nl.9294$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> From: "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
> Subject: Re: please help me. slave drive not showing up
> Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:43:00 -0700
>
> You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

Well Chris and his sock are still impersonating me - The headers prove
that I (Leythos) did not post the above statement. Abuse reported to
Teranews.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

mia vai

      9th May 2009
Yes my computer is working fine as it came from factory after I disconnect
the slave drive. But when I restart my computer its prompt boot from cd .
Then I put windows xp cd. Computer work fine without slave drive. But I need
my 500 gb hard drive to work . My original hard drive is only 7.79gb left
after put os xp.

"Malke" wrote:

> mia vai wrote:
>
> > Hi I'm having problem with my sony vaio desktop. Two month ago I put 500gb
> > hd as slave drive a professional comp. Tec install it. That hdd was
> > showing up as new volume. It?s been working good until last week. It got
> > virus and
> > crash. Then I did the clean install XP os from recovery cd. Old os was
> > XP before crash. After install xp it did not showing up slave drive on MY
> > COMPUTER. It went back to brand new computer how I bought from store. But
> > on the bios it showing primary and new 5oogb as slave drive. Then I try
> > clean installing os again. After finish installing when try to restart its
> > prompt NTLDR IS MISSING. I don't know what to do now someone please help
> > me.

> The person posting as "Leythos" is a troll. Ignore him.
>
> I am not sure what exactly is going on with your computer. Disconnect the
> slave drive and restore to factory condition again. Then post back and tell
> us if everything is working OK. Leave the slave drive disconnected until
> you know your computer is working fine as it came from the factory.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Malke

      9th May 2009
mia vai wrote:

> Yes my computer is working fine as it came from factory after I disconnect
> the slave drive. But when I restart my computer its prompt boot from cd .
> Then I put windows xp cd. Computer work fine without slave drive. But I
> need my 500 gb hard drive to work . My original hard drive is only 7.79gb
> left after put os xp.

OK, we seem to have a bit of a language problem here. Are you saying that
when you have the slave drive connected, Windows will not boot unless you
have the XP CD in the drive? If this is the case, check your boot priority
order in the BIOS and put the hard drive (Drive 0, not Drive 1) first.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

The Real Truth [MS MVP]

      9th May 2009
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/ngtrolls.htm

your time.

"Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Leythos wrote:
>
>> You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.
>>

> Creep. We all know it's you, Chris.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

mia vai

      10th May 2009
As you told me disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory condition
again. I disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory condition again.
I left slave drive disconnected. I restart the computer its prompt insert
system disk. I insert the system recovery c.d. After finish restoring system
its prompt successfully restore system to start press any key. I press enter
key but my computer did not start . It prompts “DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT
SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER”

"Malke" wrote:

> mia vai wrote:
>
> > Yes my computer is working fine as it came from factory after I disconnect
> > the slave drive. But when I restart my computer its prompt boot from cd .
> > Then I put windows xp cd. Computer work fine without slave drive. But I
> > need my 500 gb hard drive to work . My original hard drive is only 7.79gb
> > left after put os xp.

> OK, we seem to have a bit of a language problem here. Are you saying that
> when you have the slave drive connected, Windows will not boot unless you
> have the XP CD in the drive? If this is the case, check your boot priority
> order in the BIOS and put the hard drive (Drive 0, not Drive 1) first.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Malke

      11th May 2009
mia vai wrote:

> As you told me disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory
> condition again. I disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory
> condition again. I left slave drive disconnected. I restart the computer
> its prompt insert
> system disk. I insert the system recovery c.d. After finish restoring
> system
> its prompt successfully restore system to start press any key. I press
> enter key but my computer did not start . It prompts ?DISK BOOT FAILURE,
> INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER?

It sounds to me like you've got your boot priority wrong, but I'll be honest
with you - I can't go further with this since I can't see the computer and
it's really unclear to me what the state of your computer is. Have a
knowledgeable friend or computer professional take a look.

Sorry that I was unable to help you.

Malke