PLEASE Help: couldn't open the boot partition to check for a signature

Kathy

      22nd Jun 2004
This is from my sister-in-law, who is installing Win2k on
a new disk drive. Any help you can offer will be greatly
appreciated.

it goes along just fine - allows me to select NTFS,
checks system, copies files, etc etc. then it comes to
the part that says "this portion of setup has completed
successfully. when your computer restarts setup will
continue". THEN, it shuts down & restarts. there's a
quick flash of "couldn't open the boot partition to check
for a signature", but it doesn't give any options and
returns to the same thing it just did!!!

Bjorn Landemoo

      22nd Jun 2004
Kathy

Check BIOS settings for any "boot sector protection" or similar. If this
kind of protection is enabled, Setup will not be able to write needed
startup files to the disk.

Best regards

Bjorn
--
Bjorn Landemoo - (E-Mail Removed) - http://landemoo.com/
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"Kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is from my sister-in-law, who is installing Win2k on
>a new disk drive. Any help you can offer will be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>it goes along just fine - allows me to select NTFS,
>checks system, copies files, etc etc. then it comes to
>the part that says "this portion of setup has completed
>successfully. when your computer restarts setup will
>continue". THEN, it shuts down & restarts. there's a
>quick flash of "couldn't open the boot partition to check
>for a signature", but it doesn't give any options and
>returns to the same thing it just did!!!

      22nd Jun 2004
Thank you, Bjorn.