PC Review

Playing Videos

12th Dec 2009
I have a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 and I am having problems playing videos fron Youtube, Huhu etc. with a wireless connection. When I connect to my router with an ethernet cable the videos play smoothly. When I try to play videos with a wireless connection they stop and wait endlessly for buffering . I have another laptop that plays videos smoothly using the same wireless router so I don't think the wireless signal is the problem. When I first got thes Sony videos played smoothly so maybe something I installed is causing the problem. Do you have any thoughts on what the problem may be or how to fix it?

Last edited by seafox; 12th Dec 2009 at 08:32 PM..

Rocket Scientist

13th Dec 2009
Could you try this speed test website on the laptop via wireless/wired and post the results here please?

http://www.speedtest.net/

This should show if there are connection/speed problems when using wireless, rather than some other problem.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: