Dave

      31st Dec 2009
I have a new Sony DSC-H20 camera and I made a short video and when I put it
into a folder on my computer and tried to play it, the file read Mpeg4 but in
Quick Time not Windows Media. I went to the Sony site and it mentioned some
issues with codex files. What can I do to save my videos so they will play
with the Windows media player? I am making Power Points.
Dave

John Inzer

      1st Jan 2010
Dave wrote:
> I have a new Sony DSC-H20 camera and I made a short video and when I
> put it into a folder on my computer and tried to play it, the file
> read Mpeg4 but in Quick Time not Windows Media. I went to the Sony
> site and it mentioned some issues with codex files. What can I do to
> save my videos so they will play with the Windows media player? I am
> making Power Points.
> Dave

Maybe it would be worth a try to download and install
a codec pack:

FWIW...it's always best if you create a System Restore
point before installing any software or updates.

*Proceed At Your Own Risk*

1) Info about CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack)
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...itle=Main_Page

2) K-Lite Codec Pack (Full)
http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

Good luck...