play and pause video with wireless controler

No

      18th Jan 2008
I am trying to use a wireless controller, or a "Clicker", that has 4 buttons,
to control a PowerPoint presentation that I am giving.

The presentation includes a video that I would like to play and pause at
different parts of the video clip. When the movie ends and I click my
"Clicker" I want PowerPoint to transition to the next slide.

Currently, the click only performs custom animation and the pause animation
acts as a stop and restarts the video from the beginning each time I start it
back up.

Can anyone help me with this or recommend something that can make this happen?

TAJ Simmons

      18th Jan 2008
The only way I know of pausing a video clip is to point the cursor/pointer
at it and click it.

Or insert a video clip with the 'play controls' (e.g. start stop rewind
buttons) and click the pause button.

So I believe you're out of luck unless you can find a clicker that can
emulate a mouse.

cheers
TAJ Simmons
Microsoft Powerpoint MVP

awesome - powerpoint templates,
http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

"No" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to use a wireless controller, or a "Clicker", that has 4
>buttons,
> to control a PowerPoint presentation that I am giving.
>
> The presentation includes a video that I would like to play and pause at
> different parts of the video clip. When the movie ends and I click my
> "Clicker" I want PowerPoint to transition to the next slide.
>
> Currently, the click only performs custom animation and the pause
> animation
> acts as a stop and restarts the video from the beginning each time I start
> it
> back up.
>
> Can anyone help me with this or recommend something that can make this
> happen?

New Member

      3rd Aug 2011
I had the same problem. I am using a keyspan remote to advance each slide on the presentation but have embedded videos and could not pause these using the remote. I have been able to use my microsoft remote mouse to do this. It means changing remotes during the presentation - but works. You can hold your mouse in the air and use it as a remote clicker- it does not work so well to advance the slides but works for pausing the video:

Plug in the usb for the mouse into your laptop
To pause the video = point mouse at screen and right click on mouse
To resume play = press centre button on mouse

Hope this helps.