Place The Contents Of A Cell From The Active Worksheet Into A Cell On An Inavtive Worksheet

Minitman

      25th Feb 2004
Greetings,

Is there anyway to place the value/contents of a cell (A1) on the
active sheet into a cell (AA1) on an inactive sheet? Example: The
contents of cell A1 on sheet 1 is a date. There are 19 other sheets
with a date in A1, each date is different. I need the date from the
sheet that I am on to sow up in cell AA1 on a sheet called Data. A
formula on Data is looking to A1 on the active sheet to give a
response to the active sheet from the list property of sheet 1. What
I have was designed for only one sheet working with one Data sheet.
If anyone has any ideas or samples of other possibilities, PLEASE
reply, this is driving me up a wall!!!!

TIA

-Minitman

Tom Ogilvy

      25th Feb 2004
In Data put in this formula

=INDIRECT(RIGHT(CELL("filename"),LEN(CELL("Filename"))-FIND("]",CELL("filena

After a calculate, this will return the value from A1 in the active sheet.
This only works if the workbook has been saved at least once so it has an
actual filename.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy