Pivot Table showing data with blank values

rob nobel

      3rd Dec 2003
In a pivot table, if I have a row field and I select field settings and
deselect the "Show items with no data", does that mean that if the Data
items related to that field are blank, that the field item will also be
blank. If so, it doesn't happen for me.
Can someone assist me with this please.
Rob

BrianB

      3rd Dec 2003

What you have done stops empty fields appearing. Check the box if yo
*do* want them to show

rob nobel

      3rd Dec 2003
Hi Brian, I think I may have been unclear. I do NOT want to show empty
fields!
The fields are obtained from a sheet that has debits and credits in 2
separate columns. So..... in the pivot table, if I'm only showing the Debits
in the data area, but the data for the table also includes the credit column
reference (even though the credit field has not been dragged accross to the
data field on the pivot), will the Row field that the credit refers to still
be shown. I can't figure this out as even though only the debit field is in
the pivot table data area, the credit field still shows in the Row field as
the data for that field may not be blank even though the actual credit field
has not been dragged across to the pivot.
I'm finding this very difficult to explain. I hope you can make sense of
it.

Rob

"BrianB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What you have done stops empty fields appearing. Check the box if you
> *do* want them to show.

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to

creating financial statements