Ping RAY RaY.asm modified

Dustin

      6th Aug 2012
Hi again Ray.

Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.

segment code

start:
mov ax,data
mov ds,ax
mov ax,stack
mov ss,ax
mov sp,stacktop

mov dx,hello
mov ah,9
int 0x21

mov ah,0x3c
mov cx,0
mov dx,files
int 0x21

mov [filehnd],ax

mov ah,0x40
mov bx, [filehnd]
mov cx,msglength
mov dx,hello
int 0x21

mov ah,0x3e
mov bx,[filehnd]
int 0x21

mov ax,0x4c00
int 0x21

segment data

hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
files db 'ray.txt', 0
filehnd db 2
msglength equ 0x24

segment stack stack
resb 64
stacktop:

It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes, but
does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.

Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the same
functionality, Ray? [g]

This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.

--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.

Hot-Text

      6th Aug 2012
"Dustin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:XnsA0A6EA6A9B5E7HHI2948AJD832@no...
> Hi again Ray.
>
> Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.
>
> segment code
>
> start:
> mov ax,data
> mov ds,ax
> mov ax,stack
> mov ss,ax
> mov sp,stacktop
>
> mov dx,hello
> mov ah,9
> int 0x21
>
> mov ah,0x3c
> mov cx,0
> mov dx,files
> int 0x21
>
> mov [filehnd],ax
>
> mov ah,0x40
> mov bx, [filehnd]
> mov cx,msglength
> mov dx,hello
> int 0x21
>
> mov ah,0x3e
> mov bx,[filehnd]
> int 0x21
>
> mov ax,0x4c00
> int 0x21
>
> segment data
>
> hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
> files db 'ray.txt', 0
> filehnd db 2
> msglength equ 0x24
>

> segment stack stack
> resb 64
> stacktop:
>

> It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes, but
> does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.
>
> Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the same
> functionality, Ray? [g]
>
> This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.

This MaxBox is designed for teaching..
< http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxb...urce=directory >
it have big library of 220 examples and exercises.

Dustin

      6th Aug 2012
"Hot-Text" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:jvnkeg$akg$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Dustin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Hi again Ray.
>>
>> Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.
>>
>> segment code
>>
>> start:
>> mov ax,data
>> mov ds,ax
>> mov ax,stack
>> mov ss,ax
>> mov sp,stacktop
>>
>> mov dx,hello
>> mov ah,9
>> int 0x21
>>
>> mov ah,0x3c
>> mov cx,0
>> mov dx,files
>> int 0x21
>>
>> mov [filehnd],ax
>>
>> mov ah,0x40
>> mov bx, [filehnd]
>> mov cx,msglength
>> mov dx,hello
>> int 0x21
>>
>> mov ah,0x3e
>> mov bx,[filehnd]
>> int 0x21
>>
>> mov ax,0x4c00
>> int 0x21
>>
>> segment data
>>
>> hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
>> files db 'ray.txt', 0
>> filehnd db 2
>> msglength equ 0x24
>>

>> segment stack stack
>> resb 64
>> stacktop:
>>

>> It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes,
>> but does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.
>>
>> Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the
>> same functionality, Ray? [g]
>>
>> This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.
>>

> This MaxBox is designed for teaching..

And this has what to do with the source I posted?

> < http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxb...urce=directory >
> it have big library of 220 examples and exercises.

You still won't find this there. I didn't rip it from anyplace.

--

\"Dustin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:XnsA0A75AFC98CD5HHI2948AJD832@no...
> "Hot-Text" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:jvnkeg$akg$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> "Dustin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Hi again Ray.
>>>
>>> Here's the same Ray.asm program with slight modifications.
>>>
>>> segment code
>>>
>>> start:
>>> mov ax,data
>>> mov ds,ax
>>> mov ax,stack
>>> mov ss,ax
>>> mov sp,stacktop
>>>
>>> mov dx,hello
>>> mov ah,9
>>> int 0x21
>>>
>>> mov ah,0x3c
>>> mov cx,0
>>> mov dx,files
>>> int 0x21
>>>
>>> mov [filehnd],ax
>>>
>>> mov ah,0x40
>>> mov bx, [filehnd]
>>> mov cx,msglength
>>> mov dx,hello
>>> int 0x21
>>>
>>> mov ah,0x3e
>>> mov bx,[filehnd]
>>> int 0x21
>>>
>>> mov ax,0x4c00
>>> int 0x21
>>>
>>> segment data
>>>
>>> hello db 'Hi! Ray How did I get created Today?','$'
>>> files db 'ray.txt', 0
>>> filehnd db 2
>>> msglength equ 0x24
>>>

>>> segment stack stack
>>> resb 64
>>> stacktop:
>>>

>>> It's essentially a slightly smaller executable. Smaller by 5 bytes,
>>> but does exactly the same thing as the previous Ray.asm.
>>>
>>> Can you tell me what I changed to save 5 bytes more and keep the
>>> same functionality, Ray? [g]
>>>
>>> This is one of the reasons why ASM is such an interesting language.
>>>

>> This MaxBox is designed for teaching..

> And this has what to do with the source I posted?
>
>> < http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxb...urce=directory >
>> it have big library of 220 examples and exercises.

> You still won't find this there. I didn't rip it from anyplace.

To pass you up is why I post it for.....

and he will find more there then you give.

regs.x.ax = 0x2701; int86x(0x2F, &regs, &regs, &sregs);