Piece per hour

Debbie Dies

      3rd Apr 2004
I want to find out hour many birds I processed in an hour.

I want to enter a start time in cell a1 and a stop time in cell b1.
want cell c1 to automatically calculate how many hours I worked. I
cell d1 I want to enter the number of pieces I produced and then I wan
cell e1 to calculate how many birds I processed per hour.

Example: I start at 8:00 am stop at 4:00 pm. That equals 8 hours.
produced 400 birds in those 8 hours. I can get cell c1 to tell me ho
many hours I worked but I can't seem to get cell e1 to give me how man
birds I produced per hour.

cell a1 = 8:00 am
cell b1 = 4:00 pm
cell c1 = b1-a1
cell d1 = 400
cell e1 = ?????

Can you help

JE McGimpsey

      3rd Apr 2004
XL stores times as fractional days, so to convert a time into hours,
multiply by 24:

E1: =D1/(C1*24)

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Debbie Dies <<(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:

> I want to find out hour many birds I processed in an hour.
>
> I want to enter a start time in cell a1 and a stop time in cell b1. I
> want cell c1 to automatically calculate how many hours I worked. In
> cell d1 I want to enter the number of pieces I produced and then I want
> cell e1 to calculate how many birds I processed per hour.
>
> Example: I start at 8:00 am stop at 4:00 pm. That equals 8 hours. I
> produced 400 birds in those 8 hours. I can get cell c1 to tell me how
> many hours I worked but I can't seem to get cell e1 to give me how many
> birds I produced per hour.
>
> cell a1 = 8:00 am
> cell b1 = 4:00 pm
> cell c1 = b1-a1
> cell d1 = 400
> cell e1 = ?????
>
> Can you help?
>

> ---

Debbie Dies

      3rd Apr 2004
Thank You JE. It worked! I really appreciate your quick response.
JE McGimpsey wrote:
> *XL stores times as fractional days, so to convert a time int
> hours,
> multiply by 24:
>
> E1: =D1/(C1*24)
>
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Debbie Dies <<(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:
>
> > I want to find out hour many birds I processed in an hour.
> >
> > I want to enter a start time in cell a1 and a stop time in cell b1

> > want cell c1 to automatically calculate how many hours I worked

> In
> > cell d1 I want to enter the number of pieces I produced and then

> want
> > cell e1 to calculate how many birds I processed per hour.
> >
> > Example: I start at 8:00 am stop at 4:00 pm. That equals 8 hours.

> > produced 400 birds in those 8 hours. I can get cell c1 to tell m

> how
> > many hours I worked but I can't seem to get cell e1 to give me ho

> many
> > birds I produced per hour.
> >
> > cell a1 = 8:00 am
> > cell b1 = 4:00 pm
> > cell c1 = b1-a1
> > cell d1 = 400
> > cell e1 = ?????
> >
> > Can you help?
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

=?Utf-8?B?U2h1YmhrYXJhbg==?=

      24th Apr 2004
We should use time as 24 hours insted of AM/ PM. In your case you shuld use 8.00 (in place of 8 AM) and 16.00 (in place of 4.00 PM. I think problem will solve

----- Debbie Dies > wrote: ----

I want to find out hour many birds I processed in an hour

I want to enter a start time in cell a1 and a stop time in cell b1.
want cell c1 to automatically calculate how many hours I worked. I
cell d1 I want to enter the number of pieces I produced and then I wan
cell e1 to calculate how many birds I processed per hour.

Example: I start at 8:00 am stop at 4:00 pm. That equals 8 hours.
produced 400 birds in those 8 hours. I can get cell c1 to tell me ho
many hours I worked but I can't seem to get cell e1 to give me how man
birds I produced per hour

cell a1 = 8:00 a
cell b1 = 4:00 p
cell c1 = b1-a