Picture Pop-Up on Mouseover of Image Hotspot

John R. Baker

      26th Aug 2009
I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.

One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots defined. I
would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on mouseover of each
hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.

Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish the
same goal?

Thanks!

- John R. Baker

Ronx

      26th Aug 2009
Take a look at http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests...t-flyouts.aspx

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"John R. Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OhL#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.
>
> One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots defined.
> I would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on mouseover of
> each hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish the
> same goal?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - John R. Baker

John R. Baker

      26th Aug 2009
Thanks! I'll take a look at this tonight after I get back from my "day"
job.

- John R. Baker

"Ronx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OyW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Take a look at http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests...t-flyouts.aspx
>
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "John R. Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OhL#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.
>>
>> One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots defined.
>> I would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on mouseover of
>> each hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish the
>> same goal?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - John R. Baker

John R. Baker

      29th Aug 2009
I have completed the task. Partly because of time constraints and other
pressing issues, I went with something akin to a 'full page' pop-up, at
least in equivalent functionality. (Actually, it is a series of whole new
pages.)

Instead of using 'on mouseover', I used a series of image hot spots and 'on
click'.

I am satisfied that the results fully meet all needs. Here is the page:

http://www.hkywater.org/htm_combined...ve_css_map.htm

Everyone, check it out and and comment back if you have any questions or
comments.

Thanks again for all of your help.

- John R. Baker

"John R. Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks! I'll take a look at this tonight after I get back from my "day"
> job.
>
> - John R. Baker
>
> "Ronx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OyW%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Take a look at http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests...t-flyouts.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>>

>> "John R. Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OhL#(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.
>>>
>>> One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots
>>> defined. I would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on
>>> mouseover of each hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish
>>> the same goal?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> - John R. Baker

Jim Frichette

      27th Nov 2010
How do I get a Picture Pop-Up on Mouseover of Image Hotspot
using FrontPage or Expressions or a javascript.

Jim

> On Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:37 PM John R. Baker wrote:

> I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.
>
> One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots defined. I
> would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on mouseover of each
> hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish the
> same goal?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - John R. Baker

>> On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:32 AM Ronx wrote:

>> Take a look at http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests...t-flyouts.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.

>>> On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:11 AM John R. Baker wrote:

>>> Thanks! I will take a look at this tonight after I get back from my "day"
>>> job.
>>>
>>> - John R. Baker

Jim Frichette

      27th Nov 2010
How do I get a Picture Pop-Up on Mouseover of Image Hotspot using FrontPage, Expressions or Javascript.

Jim

> On Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:37 PM John R. Baker wrote:

> I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.
>
> One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots defined. I
> would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on mouseover of each
> hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish the
> same goal?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - John R. Baker

>> On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:32 AM Ronx wrote:

>> Take a look at http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests...t-flyouts.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.

>>> On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:11 AM John R. Baker wrote:

>>> Thanks! I will take a look at this tonight after I get back from my "day"
>>> job.
>>>
>>> - John R. Baker

Jim Frichette

      27th Nov 2010
How do I get a Picture Pop-Up on Mouseover of Image Hotspot?

> On Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:37 PM John R. Baker wrote:

> I am modifying on old FP2003 website for a customer.
>
> One page of the site has an inserted image with a dozen hotspots defined. I
> would like to make a smaller image appear as a pop-up on mouseover of each
> hotspot, and then disappear again on mouseout.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a better way to accomplish the
> same goal?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - John R. Baker

>> On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:32 AM Ronx wrote:

>> Take a look at http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests...t-flyouts.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.

>>> On Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:11 AM John R. Baker wrote:

>>> Thanks! I will take a look at this tonight after I get back from my "day"
>>> job.
>>>
>>> - John R. Baker

Tester

      28th Nov 2010

By posting a fresh message of your own and not hijacking somebody's 2009
message.

hth

Jim Frichette wrote:
> How do I get a Picture Pop-Up on Mouseover of Image Hotspot using FrontPage, Expressions or Javascript.
>
> Jim

By posting a fresh message of your own and not hijacking somebody's 2009
message. And also by not multi-posting the same thing over and over again.

hth

Tester

      28th Nov 2010