Photo Story 3 How does one add a Title Page up front

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9TdW5kc3RlZHQ=?=

      6th Nov 2004
How does one add a Title page to Photo Story 3 ?
According to the Photo Story Help file it is stated "You can add a title
page at the beginning of your story, and you can add titles to each picture
in your story or to selected pictures only......."

However I can not find an option to add a title page anywhere (at begining,
middel, or end) (similar to what Movie Maker can do) ...

I can add title text to pictures etc.. However does not find an option to
add a title page to the story as indicated by the help file.

Is this funcionality included ?
Would appreaciate input on if thiscan be done, if so How ?
Bosse

Graham Hughes

      6th Nov 2004
I've not had a great chance to play with PS3 yet, and without going to
investigate, can you not add a blank picture first and add your title to
this?
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"BoSundstedt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How does one add a Title page to Photo Story 3 ?
> According to the Photo Story Help file it is stated "You can add a title
> page at the beginning of your story, and you can add titles to each

picture
> in your story or to selected pictures only......."
>
> However I can not find an option to add a title page anywhere (at

begining,
> middel, or end) (similar to what Movie Maker can do) ...
>
> I can add title text to pictures etc.. However does not find an option to
> add a title page to the story as indicated by the help file.
>
> Is this funcionality included ?
> Would appreaciate input on if thiscan be done, if so How ?
> Bosse

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9TdW5kc3RlZHQ=?=

      7th Nov 2004
Hi !

Yes that is oner way to do it, however seems there is (or at least intended
to be) some "built in" functionality to address this, at least if I
interprete the Help files/index correctly. But unclear how to invoke or it
was not deployed in PS3 ..........
Expected soemthiong similar to what Movie maker has, but not here as far as
I can tell
/Bosse

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> I've not had a great chance to play with PS3 yet, and without going to
> investigate, can you not add a blank picture first and add your title to
> this?
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "BoSundstedt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How does one add a Title page to Photo Story 3 ?
> > According to the Photo Story Help file it is stated "You can add a title
> > page at the beginning of your story, and you can add titles to each

> picture
> > in your story or to selected pictures only......."
> >
> > However I can not find an option to add a title page anywhere (at

> begining,
> > middel, or end) (similar to what Movie Maker can do) ...
> >
> > I can add title text to pictures etc.. However does not find an option to
> > add a title page to the story as indicated by the help file.
> >
> > Is this funcionality included ?
> > Would appreaciate input on if thiscan be done, if so How ?
> > Bosse

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9TdW5kc3RlZHQ=?=

      7th Nov 2004
OK, I figured it out.

The option does not exist, or at least is not part of the PS3.
Though there is an easy solution, as Graham stated below.

Basically one need to create a blank/colored page (picture) and use as
background and then use the "Add title to picture" functionality of PS3.

Detials of how this can be done is available @ www.WindowsPhotoStory.com
Spcifis are outlined @
http://www.windowsphotostory.com/Gui...nly-slide.aspx

/Bosse

"BoSundstedt" wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Yes that is oner way to do it, however seems there is (or at least intended
> to be) some "built in" functionality to address this, at least if I
> interprete the Help files/index correctly. But unclear how to invoke or it
> was not deployed in PS3 ..........
> Expected soemthiong similar to what Movie maker has, but not here as far as
> I can tell
> /Bosse
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > I've not had a great chance to play with PS3 yet, and without going to
> > investigate, can you not add a blank picture first and add your title to
> > this?
> > Graham
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "BoSundstedt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How does one add a Title page to Photo Story 3 ?
> > > According to the Photo Story Help file it is stated "You can add a title
> > > page at the beginning of your story, and you can add titles to each

> > picture
> > > in your story or to selected pictures only......."
> > >
> > > However I can not find an option to add a title page anywhere (at

> > begining,
> > > middel, or end) (similar to what Movie Maker can do) ...
> > >
> > > I can add title text to pictures etc.. However does not find an option to
> > > add a title page to the story as indicated by the help file.
> > >
> > > Is this funcionality included ?
> > > Would appreaciate input on if thiscan be done, if so How ?
> > > Bosse

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

      7th Nov 2004
From what I see, the first picture has no motion automatically applied to
it.... and all the others following it do. I guess it's lack of motion makes
it the title page. But you can give it motion or remove the motion from any
other page, and put text on any of them.

Another pretty minor difference might be in how it's counted but I haven't
counted pictures yet to check it... PS2 let you put 150 pix + 1 title
picture. The limit of 300 pix for PS3 might mean we're now at 300+1 title
picture.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
Photo Story 3 - use the menu branch at www.papajohn.org

..
"BoSundstedt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, I figured it out.
>
> The option does not exist, or at least is not part of the PS3.
> Though there is an easy solution, as Graham stated below.
>
> Basically one need to create a blank/colored page (picture) and use as
> background and then use the "Add title to picture" functionality of PS3.
>
> Detials of how this can be done is available @ www.WindowsPhotoStory.com
> Spcifis are outlined @
> http://www.windowsphotostory.com/Gui...nly-slide.aspx
>
> /Bosse
>

> "BoSundstedt" wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> Yes that is oner way to do it, however seems there is (or at least
>> intended
>> to be) some "built in" functionality to address this, at least if I
>> interprete the Help files/index correctly. But unclear how to invoke or
>> it
>> was not deployed in PS3 ..........
>> Expected soemthiong similar to what Movie maker has, but not here as far
>> as
>> I can tell
>> /Bosse
>>
>> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>>
>> > I've not had a great chance to play with PS3 yet, and without going to
>> > investigate, can you not add a blank picture first and add your title
>> > this?
>> > Graham
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "BoSundstedt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > picture

>> > begining,

=?Utf-8?B?UmVtNzg=?=

      27th Nov 2004
Hello
I am using Microsoft Power Point to create Title slides. I save them in JPEG
format an include them either at the beginning, the end or between pictures.

"BoSundstedt" wrote:

> How does one add a Title page to Photo Story 3 ?
> According to the Photo Story Help file it is stated "You can add a title
> page at the beginning of your story, and you can add titles to each picture
> in your story or to selected pictures only......."
>
> However I can not find an option to add a title page anywhere (at begining,
> middel, or end) (similar to what Movie Maker can do) ...
>
> I can add title text to pictures etc.. However does not find an option to
> add a title page to the story as indicated by the help file.
>
> Is this funcionality included ?
> Would appreaciate input on if thiscan be done, if so How ?
> Bosse

=?Utf-8?B?UmVtNzg=?=

      20th Dec 2004