Pge numbers - every other page

ellen

      21st Mar 2008
Is there a way to put page numbers on every other page?

The presentation has 'facer' pages for notes and if printing duplex, would
like to keep the original page numbers on the slides actually distributed.

Title = no page
slide 2 = no page
slide 3 = page #2
slide 4 = no page
slide 5 = page #3

John Wilson

      21st Mar 2008
There's no way except by using vba code.
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

"ellen" wrote:

> Is there a way to put page numbers on every other page?
>
> The presentation has 'facer' pages for notes and if printing duplex, would
> like to keep the original page numbers on the slides actually distributed.
>
> Title = no page
> slide 2 = no page
> slide 3 = page #2
> slide 4 = no page
> slide 5 = page #3

Kathy Kensche

      21st Mar 2008
.....or, of course, manually. Copy the page number placeholder on the
slidemaster, delete it from there and paste it on every second slide on the
actual slide in normal view. You won't have to put the slide number, it will
come up automatically. Not very elegant (sorry) but it works. In your case
you will have to set the title page to "page number 0" to achieve Slide 3 to
be number 2. Go "File - Page Setup - Number Slides from - set to 0".

That should do the trick.
--
Kathy Kensche
http://www.creativetemplatesolutions.com

"John Wilson" wrote:

> There's no way except by using vba code.
> --
> Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
>
> http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
> email john AT technologytrish.co.uk
>

> "ellen" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to put page numbers on every other page?
> >
> > The presentation has 'facer' pages for notes and if printing duplex, would
> > like to keep the original page numbers on the slides actually distributed.
> >
> > Title = no page
> > slide 2 = no page
> > slide 3 = page #2
> > slide 4 = no page
> > slide 5 = page #3

ellen

      22nd Mar 2008
Would you be able to help me / post the code?

Thanks!

"John Wilson" wrote:

> There's no way except by using vba code.
> --
> Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
>
> http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
> email john AT technologytrish.co.uk
>

> "ellen" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to put page numbers on every other page?
> >
> > The presentation has 'facer' pages for notes and if printing duplex, would
> > like to keep the original page numbers on the slides actually distributed.
> >
> > Title = no page
> > slide 2 = no page
> > slide 3 = page #2
> > slide 4 = no page