personal.xls

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsbXV0?=

      11th Apr 2007
Where is personal.xls located in Excel 2007?

Bob Phillips

      11th Apr 2007
It will be personal.xlsx or personal.xlsm, and it should still be in the
XLStart directory.

--
HTH

Bob

"Helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where is personal.xls located in Excel 2007?

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsbXV0?=

      11th Apr 2007
bob, I can't find the XLStart folder...

D:\Users\helmut\AppData\

now I have the choice of Loacal / LocalLow / and Roaming

In none of these is XLStart

Can you tell me the path?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> It will be personal.xlsx or personal.xlsm, and it should still be in the
> XLStart directory.
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)
>
> "Helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Where is personal.xls located in Excel 2007?

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE9naWx2eQ==?=

      11th Apr 2007
go into the VBE and run this macro:

Sub ShowPath()
Dim bk as workbook
for each bk in workbooks
if lcase(left(bk.name,8)) = "personal" then
msgbox bk.Path & vbNewline & bk.name
end if
Next
End sub

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Helmut" wrote:

> bob, I can't find the XLStart folder...
>
> D:\Users\helmut\AppData\
>
> now I have the choice of Loacal / LocalLow / and Roaming
>
> In none of these is XLStart
>
> Can you tell me the path?
>

> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > It will be personal.xlsx or personal.xlsm, and it should still be in the
> > XLStart directory.
> >
> > --
> > HTH
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)
> >
> > "Helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Where is personal.xls located in Excel 2007?

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsbXV0?=

      11th Apr 2007
Tom,
Sorry to say when running this macro there is NO result
Helmut

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

> go into the VBE and run this macro:
>
> Sub ShowPath()
> Dim bk as workbook
> for each bk in workbooks
> if lcase(left(bk.name,8)) = "personal" then
> msgbox bk.Path & vbNewline & bk.name
> end if
> Next
> End sub
>

> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "Helmut" wrote:
>
> > bob, I can't find the XLStart folder...
> >
> > D:\Users\helmut\AppData\
> >
> > now I have the choice of Loacal / LocalLow / and Roaming
> >
> > In none of these is XLStart
> >
> > Can you tell me the path?
> >

> > "Bob Phillips" wrote:
> >
> > > It will be personal.xlsx or personal.xlsm, and it should still be in the
> > > XLStart directory.
> > >
> > > --
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >
> > > (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)
> > >
> > > "Helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE9naWx2eQ==?=

      11th Apr 2007
Maybe you haven't created a "personal" workbook yet. Try recording a macro
and indicate the personal workbook as the location to store the macro. You
can just select a cell or two and then turn off the recorder. Then try
running my macro. It worked in xl2003 and I would expect it to work in Excel
2007 as well, but don't have it available to test.

You could make it more verbose.

Sub ShowPath()
Dim bk as workbook
for each bk in workbooks

"Helmut" wrote:

> Tom,
> Sorry to say when running this macro there is NO result
> Helmut
>
> "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
>
> > go into the VBE and run this macro:
> >
> > Sub ShowPath()
> > Dim bk as workbook
> > for each bk in workbooks
> > if lcase(left(bk.name,8)) = "personal" then
> > msgbox bk.Path & vbNewline & bk.name
> > end if
> > Next
> > End sub
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Tom Ogilvy
> >

> > "Helmut" wrote:
> >
> > > bob, I can't find the XLStart folder...
> > >
> > > D:\Users\helmut\AppData\
> > >
> > > now I have the choice of Loacal / LocalLow / and Roaming
> > >
> > > In none of these is XLStart
> > >
> > > Can you tell me the path?

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsbXV0?=

      11th Apr 2007
Tom
Thanks. The XLStart folder does NOT exist until you actually create a
Personal macro. This is the difference in 2007 vs 2003 where it is created as
part of the setup of XL.
Thanks
Helmut