Perflib - 2002

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTLiBBbmRyb3Nvdg==?=

      22nd Nov 2004
On Windows Professional 2000 (SP4) workstation I frequently received next
message in the Event Log:
Source: Perflib
ID: 2002
End of procedure of opening for service " PerfDisk " from library
"c:\WINNT\System32\perfdisk.dll" has borrowed more time, than the set waiting
time. Probably, the counter or service works incorrectly, or simply the
system has been too loaded at the moment of a call of this function.

What's the problem?

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

=?Utf-8?B?Q3JvdWNoaWUxOTk4?=

      22nd Nov 2004
Try:

"Michael S. Androsov" wrote:

> On Windows Professional 2000 (SP4) workstation I frequently received next
> message in the Event Log:
> Source: Perflib
> ID: 2002
> End of procedure of opening for service " PerfDisk " from library
> "c:\WINNT\System32\perfdisk.dll" has borrowed more time, than the set waiting
> time. Probably, the counter or service works incorrectly, or simply the
> system has been too loaded at the moment of a call of this function.
>

> What's the problem?
>
> Michael S. Androsov
> EXPOCENTR

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTLiBBbmRyb3Nvdg==?=

      24th Nov 2004
This article is about 1015 event id and not contains any references for fix
download.
But my event id is 2002.

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

"Crouchie1998" wrote:

> Try:

> "Michael S. Androsov" wrote:
>
> > On Windows Professional 2000 (SP4) workstation I frequently received next
> > message in the Event Log:
> > Source: Perflib
> > ID: 2002
> > End of procedure of opening for service " PerfDisk " from library
> > "c:\WINNT\System32\perfdisk.dll" has borrowed more time, than the set waiting
> > time. Probably, the counter or service works incorrectly, or simply the
> > system has been too loaded at the moment of a call of this function.
> >

> > What's the problem?
> >
> > Michael S. Androsov
> > EXPOCENTR

=?Utf-8?B?Q3JvdWNoaWUxOTk4?=

      24th Nov 2004
Hi

http://www.thinstructor.com/modules....ticle&sid=2067

http://www.webfire.at/forum/forum_en...C&category=all

Both the above articles tell you to do exactly the same thing & are for
Event ID 2002 for perfdisk.dll, which is exactly what you wanted.

Please let me know if this solved your problem

"Michael S. Androsov" wrote:

> This article is about 1015 event id and not contains any references for fix
> download.
> But my event id is 2002.
>
> Michael S. Androsov
> EXPOCENTR
>
> "Crouchie1998" wrote:
>
> > Try:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;839264
> >

> > "Michael S. Androsov" wrote:
> >
> > > On Windows Professional 2000 (SP4) workstation I frequently received next
> > > message in the Event Log:
> > > Source: Perflib
> > > ID: 2002
> > > End of procedure of opening for service " PerfDisk " from library
> > > "c:\WINNT\System32\perfdisk.dll" has borrowed more time, than the set waiting
> > > time. Probably, the counter or service works incorrectly, or simply the
> > > system has been too loaded at the moment of a call of this function.
> > >

> > > What's the problem?
> > >
> > > Michael S. Androsov
> > > EXPOCENTR

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTLiBBbmRyb3Nvdg==?=

      26th Nov 2004
I can't find OpenTimeout parameter in the
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfDisk

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

"Crouchie1998" wrote:

> Hi
>
> http://www.thinstructor.com/modules....ticle&sid=2067
>
> http://www.webfire.at/forum/forum_en...C&category=all
>
> Both the above articles tell you to do exactly the same thing & are for
> Event ID 2002 for perfdisk.dll, which is exactly what you wanted.
>
> Please let me know if this solved your problem
>
> "Michael S. Androsov" wrote:
>
> > This article is about 1015 event id and not contains any references for fix
> > download.
> > But my event id is 2002.
> >
> > Michael S. Androsov
> > EXPOCENTR
> >
> > "Crouchie1998" wrote:
> >
> > > Try:
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;839264

New Member
andrzej_w_k's Avatar
Location: Wloszczowa, POLAND

      3rd Dec 2011
I changed in key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfDisk\Performance:
"Collect Timeout"=dword to 0x000186a0 hex (100000 dec) and
"Open Timeout"=dword to 0x000186a0 hex (100000 dec)

and I do not have err 2002

The same kind of error is in PerfProc with ID:1015 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance:
I changed
"Collect Timeout"=dword to 0x00007530 hex (30000 dec) and
"Open Timeout"=dword to 0x00002710 hex (10000 dec)

and I have no errors 1015

You don't need upgrade a system

Thanks All Andrzej from Poland