pdf or image in report

MrX

      1st Oct 2007
I have a delivery report with products delivered to the costomer. Some
products have certificates, now I have to make a copy to give this to
the costomer. I want to scan the certificates and add the to a report
as pdf or image file (what's possible). All product in the database
have a serial number. I want to save the scanned certificates with the
name of the corresponding product serial number, so Access knows which
certificate file belongs to which product.
Now I want that Access automatically prints the certificates of the
products that are on the delivery note. How can I get this working ? I
have to say, I'm not very good with VBA so I hope you can help me with
this.
If it's not really possible the way I want it, can you please tell me
another way to get this working ?

Bill

      1st Oct 2007
I would recommend an image file that contains
"jpg" images stored with names that correspond
appropriately to a table field value that is included
in the ReocordSource of the report. (Note that
whatever that field is needs to be included in the
report definition even if you have to make it
"invisible".) Then in your report, create an image
control, like imMyImage and in the open code
of the report, include a statement(s) something
like:

Me.imMyImage.Picture = "c:\MyReportImages\" & Me.MyImageNameField & ".jpg"

Where "MyImageNameField" is the field that
is included in the RecordSource for the report.

(Note that if you're creating a report with multiple
records, you would need to put such code in the
Detail Format Event code.

Hope this helps you to get started.

Bill

"MrX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a delivery report with products delivered to the costomer. Some
> products have certificates, now I have to make a copy to give this to
> the costomer. I want to scan the certificates and add the to a report
> as pdf or image file (what's possible). All product in the database
> have a serial number. I want to save the scanned certificates with the
> name of the corresponding product serial number, so Access knows which
> certificate file belongs to which product.
> Now I want that Access automatically prints the certificates of the
> products that are on the delivery note. How can I get this working ? I
> have to say, I'm not very good with VBA so I hope you can help me with
> this.
> If it's not really possible the way I want it, can you please tell me
> another way to get this working ?

MrX

      5th Oct 2007
On 1 okt, 22:53, "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would recommend an image file that contains
> "jpg" images stored with names that correspond
> appropriately to a table field value that is included
> in the ReocordSource of the report. (Note that
> whatever that field is needs to be included in the
> report definition even if you have to make it
> "invisible".) Then in your report, create an image
> control, like imMyImage and in the open code
> of the report, include a statement(s) something
> like:
>
> Me.imMyImage.Picture = "c:\MyReportImages\" & Me.MyImageNameField & ".jpg"
>
> Where "MyImageNameField" is the field that
> is included in the RecordSource for the report.
>
> (Note that if you're creating a report with multiple
> records, you would need to put such code in the
> Detail Format Event code.
>
> Hope this helps you to get started.
>
> Bill
>
> "MrX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I have a delivery report with products delivered to the costomer. Some
> > products have certificates, now I have to make a copy to give this to
> > the costomer. I want to scan the certificates and add the to a report
> > as pdf or image file (what's possible). All product in the database
> > have a serial number. I want to save the scanned certificates with the
> > name of the corresponding product serial number, so Access knows which
> > certificate file belongs to which product.
> > Now I want that Access automatically prints the certificates of the
> > products that are on the delivery note. How can I get this working ? I
> > have to say, I'm not very good with VBA so I hope you can help me with
> > this.
> > If it's not really possible the way I want it, can you please tell me
> > another way to get this working ?

Thanks for the reply. I'm working with it and hope I get this working.

Bill

      6th Oct 2007
I'll continue to monitor the thread.