pcmcia.sys is corrupted

=?Utf-8?B?QW5nZWwtQWRlbmE=?=

      28th Oct 2003
Hi...i tried to boot my pc using Windows XP pro Setup boot floppy disks theres 6disks but when i come to disk 3 in the setup i get the error message pcmcia.sys is corrupted,the reason i tried to boot using the setup disks is because my pc freezes before the logon screen appears i thought it might work seeing as i cant log on in safe mode either when i try to all this driver detail text pops up then hangs there if you can help in any way or have the same prob please reply.....Cheers

Paul B T Hodges

      28th Oct 2003
Do you know which driver it hangs on ?
Is it a desktop pc, or a laptop ?
If its a desktop, does it actually use any pcmcia devices, they're those
small credit card size plug in cards, usually used in laptops for modem, or
network cards.

Have you tried hitting a key to skip the file ? I forget which key, it
should tell you

Will your system not boot from the windows xp retail cd, or do you not have
one ?

Paul

"Angel-Adena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi...i tried to boot my pc using Windows XP pro Setup boot floppy disks

theres 6disks but when i come to disk 3 in the setup i get the error message
pcmcia.sys is corrupted,the reason i tried to boot using the setup disks is
because my pc freezes before the logon screen appears i thought it might
work seeing as i cant log on in safe mode either when i try to all this
driver detail text pops up then hangs there if you can help in any way or
have the same prob please reply.....Cheers

=?Utf-8?B?QW5nZWwtQWRlbmE=?=

      29th Oct 2003
Hi,i have a desktop when i let it load normal it freezes on the loading screen before the logon screen and when i try safe mode the last line to come up before it hangs there is ''multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt\system32\drivers\mup.sys'' The pcmcia.sys corrupted message i got came when i was using the xp pro boot disks i have two pc s the one im using now which is a dinosaur but works fine and the one in my room(my babywhich i wanna get going again without resorting to having it blown away,Thanks for your reply,any advice would be nice and no i never had a cd come with it.

Paul B T Hodges

      29th Oct 2003
Appears to have got to the end of the driver loading.

I find it very odd that your new pc didn't at least come with a recovery cd,
what make and model is it ?

Is the pc with the problem running the home or professional edition of xp?

What operating system is the older pc using. If its at least windows 2000
you could take the hard disk out of the new pc and put it in the old pc, and
run chkdsk.

Otherwise, you' ll have to recreate the boot disk set, use this link
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

or as I said try skipping over the offending file.

Once you've booted from the floppies you can run the recovery console and
run chkdsk from there.

If you have sp1 applied, download and create the sp1 boot disk set.

Paul

"Angel-Adena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,i have a desktop when i let it load normal it freezes on the loading

screen before the logon screen and when i try safe mode the last line to
come up before it hangs there is
''multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt\system32\drivers\mup.sys'' The
pcmcia.sys corrupted message i got came when i was using the xp pro boot
disks i have two pc s the one im using now which is a dinosaur but works
fine and the one in my room(my babywhich i wanna get going again without
resorting to having it blown away,Thanks for your reply,any advice would be
nice and no i never had a cd come with it.

=?Utf-8?B?QW5nZWwtQWRlbmE=?=

      30th Oct 2003
Hi,well i tried to do the sp1 boot disks that came up with loading probs i have xp pro on my pc(my baby)its a hum dinger really compared to others out there just that its better than the dinosaur im using at the moment running windows 98 with 4gig harddrive slow as but never had probs with it anyways ended up just giving my xp box to a friend whos gonna save what i asked for off the harddisk and blow it away i did try eh?Anyways thanks for trying to help me i hate taking the easy way out when errors come up might catch up sometime shout lunch or something...once again Paul cheers...

Paul B T Hodges

      30th Oct 2003
Good luck with it.