PC Games & XBox 360 Controller

Alfred Kaufmann

      11th May 2007
I've had the XBox 360 controller laying around for so long time now, I
can't remember why I bought it. I decided to install the Vista 64bit
driver and plugged it in. Now if some one will be kind enough to
suggest titles of some good PC Games that will use this controller,
that will be appreciated.

Al

spunkmeijer

      12th May 2007
Halo 2 and Shadowdrun are both coming out under the Games for Windows
platform and from what I've read about them you will be able to use that
Xbox controller with them with no issues. I already pre ordered both of
them myself, they are both do out at the end of this month.

"Alfred Kaufmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had the XBox 360 controller laying around for so long time now, I
> can't remember why I bought it. I decided to install the Vista 64bit
> driver and plugged it in. Now if some one will be kind enough to
> suggest titles of some good PC Games that will use this controller,
> that will be appreciated.
>
> Al

Dale White

      12th May 2007
Though it's a personal choice, I can't image why anyone would want to use a
controller on a PC game, especially a first person shooter. I mean, why not
just play the Xbox version ?

The whole thought of using a controller on a PC, just seems insane. Why
would you want to give up the accuracy of a mouse ? It should be noted that
in Shadowrun, the guys from PCgamer beat up on the guys from Xbox magazine
in Shadowrun. I guess if you get tired of beatign up on them, you can plug
in the controller to make it more fair, but then again, I'm not going to pay
to play against an Xbox user anyways. So if they don't make that service
free, then the console kids have one less person to beat them up and take
their lunch money

"spunkmeijer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Halo 2 and Shadowdrun are both coming out under the Games for Windows
> platform and from what I've read about them you will be able to use that
> Xbox controller with them with no issues. I already pre ordered both of
> them myself, they are both do out at the end of this month.
>
> "Alfred Kaufmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've had the XBox 360 controller laying around for so long time now, I
>> can't remember why I bought it. I decided to install the Vista 64bit
>> driver and plugged it in. Now if some one will be kind enough to
>> suggest titles of some good PC Games that will use this controller,
>> that will be appreciated.
>>
>> Al

Alfred Kaufmann

      12th May 2007
I downloaded the Halo 2 trial and although it recognizes the XBox 360
controller, the mouse works fine as does the keyboard but the XBox
controller does nothing. Maybe the non-trial version will work on my
Vista 64bit system.

Al