Paste Options Smart tag

Richard

      3rd Jun 2004
I am new to word 2003 and trying to come to terms with
the smart tags.
When i have a bulletted list or a list with words in
italics and I try to move one item to another list (with
no bullets or italics) by either draging or cut and paste
the paste options smart tag appears. All good so far.
When i click the drop down box and select match
destination formatting I expect that the italics and
bullet would disappear but this does not happen. What am
I doing wrong.
Thanks

Greg Maxey

      3rd Jun 2004
Richard,

That is not a smart tag. Shauna Kelly once called it a "Thingy" in her
explanation of how paste options work. Seems that she has dropped that
term, but the explanation is worth looking at:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ionsWorks.html

--
Greg Maxey
A peer in "peer to peer" support

Richard wrote:
> I am new to word 2003 and trying to come to terms with
> the smart tags.
> When i have a bulletted list or a list with words in
> italics and I try to move one item to another list (with
> no bullets or italics) by either draging or cut and paste
> the paste options smart tag appears. All good so far.
> When i click the drop down box and select match
> destination formatting I expect that the italics and
> bullet would disappear but this does not happen. What am
> I doing wrong.
> Thanks

Cindy M -WordMVP-

      3rd Jun 2004
Hi Greg,

> That is not a smart tag.

Actually, it is a SmartTag. Or, rather, it uses the
SmartTag technology...

Cindy Meister