Paperless faxing - prices dropping?

Loony

      1st Apr 2012
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

Here are recent links :

Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Price:
US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)

and

Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine
SKU: A18470000A

http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR

with a price of Price: 46.09

Comments please :-)

TIA

Paul in Houston TX

      1st Apr 2012
Loony wrote:
> Hello Experts :-)
>
> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
> like ImpactColor something or other.
>
> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
> Here are recent links :
> Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS
> http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
> Price: US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)
> and
> Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine SKU: A18470000A
> http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR
> with a price of Price: 46.09
>
> Comments please :-)
> TIA

Why not just use your computer instead?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-Fax-and-Scan
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-Fax-and-Scan

Paul

      1st Apr 2012
Loony wrote:
> Hello Experts :-)
>
> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
> like ImpactColor something or other.
>
> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
>
> Here are recent links :
>
> Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS
>
> http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
>

> Price:
> US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)
>
> and
>
> Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine
> SKU: A18470000A
>
> http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR
>
> with a price of Price: 46.09
>

> Comments please :-)
>
> TIA

Direct ship from China, with absolutely no tech support!

Perfect for a guy like you, with money to waste...

Try again.

I don't buy unless there is:

1) Website with drivers, application software, *USER MANUAL*

2) Reviews from Newegg or Amazon or even Ebay for that matter. Someone
else has to buy one, before I will. And that person has to
demonstrate actual product knowledge (to avoid shill postings).

The thing is, hardware is useless without software. No matter how
pretty that box looks, it's a hood ornament without software. And
if the software sucks, you'll be screwed out of your $106.00 USD.

Paul

John McGaw

      1st Apr 2012
On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
> Hello Experts :-)
>
> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
> like ImpactColor something or other.
>
> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.

snip...

Somebody still uses fax?

James Silverton

      1st Apr 2012
On 4/1/2012 2:49 PM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
>> Hello Experts :-)
>>
>> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
>> like ImpactColor something or other.
>>
>> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
>>

> snip...
>
> Somebody still uses fax?

What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file transmission?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Loony

      1st Apr 2012
On 01/04/2012 19:33, Paul wrote:
> Loony wrote:
>> Hello Experts :-)
>>
>> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
>> like ImpactColor something or other.
>>
>> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
>>
>> Here are recent links :
>>
>> Free shipping New Arrival Vason mini usb digital fax FX1000 by EMS
>>
>> http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
>>

>> Price:
>> US $106.00 / piece (1 - 5 pieces)
>>
>> and
>>
>> Paperless Portable USB 2.0 Digital Fax Machine
>> SKU: A18470000A
>>
>> http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR
>>
>> with a price of Price: 46.09
>>

>> Comments please :-)
>>
>> TIA

> Direct ship from China, with absolutely no tech support!
>
> Perfect for a guy like you, with money to waste...
>
> Try again.
>
> I don't buy unless there is:
>
> 1) Website with drivers, application software, *USER MANUAL*
>
> 2) Reviews from Newegg or Amazon or even Ebay for that matter. Someone
> else has to buy one, before I will. And that person has to
> demonstrate actual product knowledge (to avoid shill postings).
>
> The thing is, hardware is useless without software. No matter how
> pretty that box looks, it's a hood ornament without software. And
> if the software sucks, you'll be screwed out of your $106.00 USD.
>
> Paul

Thank you Paul.

As usual you are always on the ball :-)

About a year ago I bought a Zoom modem with a CD and both came directly
from China via some other group outside China. It is working very well.

I know that there can be lots of rackets and we can't be too careful.

However my fax systems are a total pain in the rump and I hate having to
muck around with them every time I try to use them. I am looking for
something in the calibre of Symantec WinFax Pro. It was a dream to use.

The upper link:
http://www.dinodirect.com/digital-fa...s.html?cur=EUR

has a price of 46.09.

Thanks for your interest and Enjoy the holidays :-)

Robert Sudbury

      1st Apr 2012
On 2012-04-01 2:59 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 4/1/2012 2:49 PM, John McGaw wrote:
>> On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
>>> Hello Experts :-)
>>>
>>> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
>>> like ImpactColor something or other.
>>>
>>> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
>>>

>> snip...
>>
>> Somebody still uses fax?

> What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file
> transmission?

Thinking of efax.com for doing faxes through email.

--
[Robert]

James Silverton

      1st Apr 2012
On 4/1/2012 2:59 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 4/1/2012 2:49 PM, John McGaw wrote:
>> On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
>>> Hello Experts :-)
>>>
>>> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
>>> like ImpactColor something or other.
>>>
>>> The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
>>>

>> snip...
>>
>> Somebody still uses fax?

> What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file
> transmission?

May I add that my HP Scanjet, using the HP Solution Center software,
will scan a document and automatically send it as a file attached to an
e-mail. I suspect this must be as reliable as a fax.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Vic RR Garcia

      1st Apr 2012
On 04/01/12 13:39, Loony wrote:
> Hello Experts :-)
>
> I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
> like ImpactColor something or other.
>
> Comments please :-)

Had been around for a long time, it's called E-Mail, and the best ones
are FREE !!!!!!

James Silverton

      1st Apr 2012
On 4/1/2012 3:09 PM, Robert Sudbury wrote:
> On 2012-04-01 2:59 PM, James Silverton wrote:

>>> snip...
>>>
>>> Somebody still uses fax?

>> What is a "paperless fax"; unless it might describe image file
>> transmission?
>>

> Thinking of efax.com for doing faxes through email.

The method employed by efax was available to me more than 20 years ago
but in those days my employer (the US Government) paid for the faxes. I
know that some physician's offices and banks still seen enamored of fax
machines but what's wrong with an attached file, especially since unlike
efax, there is no cost involved? If security is a problem the e-mail
could be digitally signed.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.