Paint has encountered a problem and needs to close.

=?Utf-8?B?SkFKYW5zZW5Kcg==?=

      3rd Jul 2004
Paint has stopped working on my Windows XP Home Edition Pentium 4
system. I get the error message shown in the subject line.

I've come to depend on Paint and need to find a way to get it working.

Any suggestions/help sincerely appreciated.

JAJansenJr
(E-Mail Removed)

Kaylene aka Taurarian

      3rd Jul 2004
Suggestion:

Make sure that there are no instances of MSPaint running.

Then go to Start, Run and then type: regedit

Locate this key in your registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Applets\Paint
Click on that key and delete it.
Exit the registry editor and re-open Paint.

Note you can save the registry key first by:
On the File menu, click Export.
In the File name box, type SaveKey, and then click Save.
Or create a system restore point prior to editing.
HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require
you to reinstall your operating system. Use the information provided at your own
risk.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...