Paging File too low

Malcolm Briggs

      15th Sep 2003
Hi all

I'm having trouble with my paging file. Its the second time its happened and
i dont really wanna re-install my system again. When i log on my computer
states that the paging file is too low. I try to create another one but the
setting just stays at 20MB. If i do manage to change it, the same problem
occurs again when i log on.

When the paging file problem starts i also get a problem loading the
Recovery Console. It comes up withthe error message saying

Setup cannot load the keyboard layout file KBDUS.DLL

The only thing i changed on my system last night was that i removed the US
Keyboard input locale.

Does anyone recognise this problem? Ive ran the recovery console from the
boot disk and deleted the pagefile.sys file but the same problem occurs.

Thanks

Mally

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      15th Sep 2003
Make sure you have sufficient free space on the volume where
the paging file resides. I recommend at least 1 GByte.

"Malcolm Briggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> I'm having trouble with my paging file. Its the second time its happened

and
> i dont really wanna re-install my system again. When i log on my computer
> states that the paging file is too low. I try to create another one but

the
> setting just stays at 20MB. If i do manage to change it, the same problem
> occurs again when i log on.
>
> When the paging file problem starts i also get a problem loading the
> Recovery Console. It comes up withthe error message saying
>
> Setup cannot load the keyboard layout file KBDUS.DLL
>
> The only thing i changed on my system last night was that i removed the US
> Keyboard input locale.
>
> Does anyone recognise this problem? Ive ran the recovery console from the
> boot disk and deleted the pagefile.sys file but the same problem occurs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mally

George Hester

      16th Sep 2003
And also Everyone Full Permissions where pagefile.sys resides.

--
George Hester