page number field code

Georg

      8th Jul 2003
Dear all,

is there any possibility in word to edit the field code of
the { page } field manually, e.g. to add switches that
influence formatting or the way counting starts? Or is the
only possible way to do this via the Insert/page no. menu?

Regards,
Georg

Graham Mayor

      8th Jul 2003
You can add switches to the page field to determine the type of numbering
(see the insert field dialog). You can also use the field in calculations to
set a particular number, and you can apply formatting directly to the field.

eg {= ({Page} + 3) \* charformat \* alphabetic }

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP