P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for workstation?

Dave Smith

      3rd Jan 2006
I'm building a computer to be an office workstation. Not much
graphics work, mostly just office apps so I don't need a lot of
processing power. I've been out of the motherboard loop for a while,
but want to use an Asus board as I've always had great luck with them.
Is the P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for this machine? I probably
won't use the WiFi.

Thanks very much.

Leythos

      3rd Jan 2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dog-rem-
@cox.net says...
> I'm building a computer to be an office workstation. Not much
> graphics work, mostly just office apps so I don't need a lot of
> processing power. I've been out of the motherboard loop for a while,
> but want to use an Asus board as I've always had great luck with them.
> Is the P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for this machine? I probably
> won't use the WiFi.

I'm running a P4/3.2 Hyper Threaded, AGP Video, 2x250GB drives, CD-RW
and a DVD+/-RW drive, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 Prof and no problems.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Friedrich Wuelfing

      3rd Jan 2006
> I'm running a P4/3.2 Hyper Threaded, AGP Video, 2x250GB drives, CD-RW
> and a DVD+/-RW drive, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 Prof and no problems.

Ha, the same configuration here with X800XT and Tagan psu.... )
No problems at all since April 2005, a good board,
replaced a P4B533-E DL here, which also was a good but slower one.

BigJim

      3rd Jan 2006
all you need is a cheap dell with 512 meg of ram/
"Dave Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm building a computer to be an office workstation. Not much
> graphics work, mostly just office apps so I don't need a lot of
> processing power. I've been out of the motherboard loop for a while,
> but want to use an Asus board as I've always had great luck with them.
> Is the P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for this machine? I probably
> won't use the WiFi.
>
> Thanks very much.

Dave Smith

      4th Jan 2006
On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:56:06 -0500, "BigJim" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>all you need is a cheap dell with 512 meg of ram/

Well, yes and no. First, I'd rather do it myself. Second, I don't
want to have to deal with all of Dell's proprietary crap. I think I
can get this one built for around $600 if I buy all new parts, cheaper
if I dig into my spare parts drawer.

>"Dave Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm building a computer to be an office workstation. Not much
>> graphics work, mostly just office apps so I don't need a lot of
>> processing power. I've been out of the motherboard loop for a while,
>> but want to use an Asus board as I've always had great luck with them.
>> Is the P4P800-E Deluxe a good choice for this machine? I probably
>> won't use the WiFi.
>>
>> Thanks very much.

BigJim

      4th Jan 2006
well if that is the case a p4p800se is the same board just a little cheaper