P4P800 E Delux & 4x512MB. Pat possible?

Dirk Pajonk

      13th Nov 2005
Hello,

is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration enabled?
I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
THX

Troop

      13th Nov 2005
In article <dl76sh$sap$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hello,
>
> is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration enabled?
> I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
> Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
> THX

Is on the P4P800 se here.Cannot o/c tho and have it.

Custom Computers

      14th Nov 2005

Dirk Pajonk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration enabled?
> I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
> Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
> THX

Got four of them right here in my P4P800E Delux running with Memory
Acceleration enabled.

Custom Computers

      14th Nov 2005

Dirk Pajonk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration enabled?
> I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
> Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
> THX

Got four of them right here in my P4P800E Delux running with Memory
Acceleration enabled.

Paul

      16th Nov 2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Troop
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <dl76sh$sap$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > Hello,
> >
> > is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration enabled?
> > I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
> > Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
> > THX
> >

> Is on the P4P800 se here.Cannot o/c tho and have it.

There are some tricks to making that work. This one is
pretty crazy, and involves using the boot block from a
different board. This is the kind of thing you should
only try if you have a BIOS Savior, to bail you out
in case of trouble... For the tiny difference this
makes to application performance, I wouldn't bother.
If you overclock the memory high enough, it will make up
for whatever difference MAM/PAT would have made if it
was there.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51548

Paul

Dirk Pajonk

      16th Nov 2005
I know it.
But it's depending on the Memory 200 MHZ Pat Break.
And not the 4xSlot Problem!
"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Troop
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In article <dl76sh$sap$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> says...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration enabled?
>> > I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
>> > Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
>> > THX
>> >

>> Is on the P4P800 se here.Cannot o/c tho and have it.

> There are some tricks to making that work. This one is
> pretty crazy, and involves using the boot block from a
> different board. This is the kind of thing you should
> only try if you have a BIOS Savior, to bail you out
> in case of trouble... For the tiny difference this
> makes to application performance, I wouldn't bother.
> If you overclock the memory high enough, it will make up
> for whatever difference MAM/PAT would have made if it
> was there.
>
> http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51548
>
> Paul

Mitchell Regenbogen

      11th Dec 2005
"Custom Computers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Dirk Pajonk wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is this board able to handle 4x512MB with Memory Acceleration

enabled?
>> I've read two experiences. One said yes and one said no.
>> Now i'm needing a 3rd comment!
>> THX

> Got four of them right here in my P4P800E Delux running with Memory
> Acceleration enabled.

Me too.