Overriding Actions of Excel DropDown Menus and Poup Menus

Von Shean

      2nd Feb 2004
Does anyone have any idea how to override excel's (smart) menus.
I got some ways to override some of the menus items but the technique looked
like some sort of a workaround.
Main problem comes when overriding smart menus that appear depending on the
state of the sheet. e.g. 'insert copied cells' only appears in the popup
menu when data is available in the clipboard.
Other main problem comes in overriding menu items that are not listed in the
active menus and then user adds it later when customizing the menus.

any ideas?
Regards,

Tom Ogilvy

      2nd Feb 2004
Turning off smart menus? is that an option?

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Von Shean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any idea how to override excel's (smart) menus.
> I got some ways to override some of the menus items but the technique

looked
> like some sort of a workaround.
> Main problem comes when overriding smart menus that appear depending on

the
> state of the sheet. e.g. 'insert copied cells' only appears in the popup
> menu when data is available in the clipboard.
> Other main problem comes in overriding menu items that are not listed in

the
> active menus and then user adds it later when customizing the menus.
>
> any ideas?
> Regards,

Von Shean

      3rd Feb 2004