overclocking

Steve

      17th May 2004
What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully overclocked a
9800XT with stock cooling?

CrimsonLiar

      17th May 2004
If you want to find out so you can try and match it, maybe we should warn
you:
1) All chips are not created equal, even if they come from the same wafer...
2) A lot will depend on the ambient temperature as to how high you can clock
your chip..

CrimsonLiar

> What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully overclocked

> 9800XT with stock cooling?

Conor

      17th May 2004
In article <EOXpc.13095$qA.1673399@attbi_s51>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully overclocked a
> 9800XT with stock cooling?

I overclocked a 9800SE to 421 Core, 746 RAM (373Mhz). Stock GPU fan, no
RAMsinks.

The top thread here:
http://forums.ocfaq.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

...shows what people have got using ATI Tool which is a must for finding
out what speed you can get.

--
Conor

If you're not on somebody's **** list, you're not doing anything
worthwhile.

Sham B

      18th May 2004
Steve wrote:
> What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully
> overclocked a 9800XT with stock cooling?

Stories of cards burning up when overclocked to extreme with the stock cooler. Avoid.

I strongly recommend a third party active cooling heatsink if you decide to go to extremes. the GPU
runs hot at the default clocks with the stock cooler (as hot as a cup of coffee you have to put
down... not to hot to burn, but enough to make you think