outlook won't open, can't find data file

justdave49

      11th May 2008
I've installed Office 2003 Pro SP3 on a new Thinkpad including Outlook,
everything else seems to work except Outlook. When I try to open Outlook I
get "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start
because a data file could not be found. To add a data file, such as a
personal folder file, double click the Mail icon in Window Control Panel."

When I go to control panel, mail and try to add a data file that box doesn't
show or do anything and when I close the box I get 'unknown error,
code:0x80070002' and then when I close Mail I get error code: 0x8000ffff'

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

      12th May 2008
try making a new profile.

--