Outlook won't disconnect dial up connection

=?Utf-8?B?c2lsZW50Ym9i?=

      27th Apr 2005
I just switched to office 2003 (from outlook 2000) and I am not able to get
outlook to disconnect after sending and receiving. I have the "hang up when
finished with manual send/receive" box checked. Any other ideas? This
worked fine when I used outlook 2000.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

      27th Apr 2005
Make sure Internet Options, Connections tab has the same settings in the
Advanced settings for your connection.

"silentbob" wrote:

> I just switched to office 2003 (from outlook 2000) and I am not able to get
> outlook to disconnect after sending and receiving. I have the "hang up when
> finished with manual send/receive" box checked. Any other ideas? This
> worked fine when I used outlook 2000.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      27th Apr 2005
What connection type is set for your email account?
Outlook will only manage the Phone Line connection type and only then if you
have an automatic polling interval set.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"silentbob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just switched to office 2003 (from outlook 2000) and I am not able to get
> outlook to disconnect after sending and receiving. I have the "hang up
> when
> finished with manual send/receive" box checked. Any other ideas? This
> worked fine when I used outlook 2000.

=?Utf-8?B?bGVzdmlhdG9y?=

      1st Jul 2005
I have the same problem on Outlook 2002. I don't undestand your explanation,
Mary. I can go to Control Panel/Internet
Options/Connections/Settings/Advanced Dial-Up (try to connect x times, wait x
seconds between attempts, etc.) If I then go to e-mail accounts, what you
find when you look for any kind of "advanced settings" has nothing to do with
this...

"Mary" wrote:

> Make sure Internet Options, Connections tab has the same settings in the
> Advanced settings for your connection.
>
> "silentbob" wrote:
>
> > I just switched to office 2003 (from outlook 2000) and I am not able to get
> > outlook to disconnect after sending and receiving. I have the "hang up when
> > finished with manual send/receive" box checked. Any other ideas? This
> > worked fine when I used outlook 2000.

=?Utf-8?B?TWVybGRhbjc3?=

      17th Aug 2005
Hi, i also have the same problem. My connection in outlook is set for phone
line connection. I have ticked hang up after a send and receive, but still
wont disconnect.