Outlook Send / Receiving email - error code

season516

      4th Apr 2010
I am unable to send or receive email in Outlook, error code displayed below.

Task 'POP3 - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail
server. Verify the server information in your account properties.'

Task 'POP3 - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you
entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify
that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

Please advise back what to do.

Thank you & Regards,

Peter Foldes

      5th Apr 2010
Call your ISP and get the correct POP and SMTP

--
Peter

"season516" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am unable to send or receive email in Outlook, error code displayed below.
>
> Task 'POP3 - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail
> server. Verify the server information in your account properties.'
>
> Task 'POP3 - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you
> entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify
> that you are online and that the server name is correct.'
>
> Please advise back what to do.
>
> Thank you & Regards,

VanguardLH

      5th Apr 2010
season516 wrote:

> I am unable to send or receive email in Outlook, error code displayed below.
>
> Task 'POP3 - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Cannot find the e-mail
> server. Verify the server information in your account properties.'
>
> Task 'POP3 - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you
> entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify
> that you are online and that the server name is correct.'
>
> Please advise back what to do.
>
> Thank you & Regards,

You did not specify the CORRECT hostnames for the e-mail servers in the
e-mail account that you defined within Outlook. Go read the web help pages
at your unidentified e-mail provider.