Outlook security suddenly blocking PDA synch'ing. Ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?c29tZXdoYXQtdGVjaA==?=

      8th Nov 2006
I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of years -
successfully.
A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started the
synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to Outlook. Do
you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was my Palm program
trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot connect. I get an error on
my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the Outlook.
Can anyone help??

Brian Tillman

      8th Nov 2006
somewhat-tech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of
> years - successfully.
> A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started
> the synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to
> Outlook. Do you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was
> my Palm program trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot
> connect. I get an error on my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the
> Outlook.
> Can anyone help??

Here are your options with respect to the Outlook Object Model Guard:
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?c29tZXdoYXQtdGVjaA==?=

      8th Nov 2006
Appreciate the quick response.
You identified the exact issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer. I was
convinced there must be a security setting/config in Outlook that I had
somehow not found.
So any non-VB code solutions will be most welcome :-)

Moira
Semi-tech

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> somewhat-tech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of
> > years - successfully.
> > A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started
> > the synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to
> > Outlook. Do you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was
> > my Palm program trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot
> > connect. I get an error on my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the
> > Outlook.
> > Can anyone help??

> Here are your options with respect to the Outlook Object Model Guard:
> http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

      9th Nov 2006
somewhat-tech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Appreciate the quick response.
> You identified the exact issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer.
> I was convinced there must be a security setting/config in Outlook
> that I had somehow not found.
> So any non-VB code solutions will be most welcome :-)

Certainly the MAPILab "Advanced Security for Outlook" tool mentioned on the
web page I cited would not be a VB code solution. Here's a direct link:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?c29tZXdoYXQtdGVjaA==?=

      9th Nov 2006
Thank you very much.
This will really help. I had no idea this type of stuff was out there. So
I appreciate people such as you taking the time to inform us.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> somewhat-tech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Appreciate the quick response.
> > You identified the exact issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer.
> > I was convinced there must be a security setting/config in Outlook
> > that I had somehow not found.
> > So any non-VB code solutions will be most welcome :-)

> Certainly the MAPILab "Advanced Security for Outlook" tool mentioned on the
> web page I cited would not be a VB code solution. Here's a direct link:
> http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
> --
> Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?V2FoZW55YQ==?=

      31st Jan 2007

"somewhat-tech" wrote:

> I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of years -
> successfully.
> A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started the
> synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to Outlook. Do
> you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was my Palm program
> trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot connect. I get an error on
> my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the Outlook.
> Can anyone help??

=?Utf-8?B?V2FoZW55YQ==?=

      31st Jan 2007

"somewhat-tech" wrote:

> I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of years -
> successfully.
> A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started the
> synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to Outlook. Do
> you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was my Palm program
> trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot connect. I get an error on
> my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the Outlook.
> Can anyone help??

I had exactly the same problem. New contact entries behaved normally. I
copied CONTACTS to CONTACTS1. Then emptied CONTACTS, and refilled it from
CONTACTS1, a few at a time. I only did it yesterday, but it seems to have
worked.