Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder

kboswell

      9th Jul 2008
I have a networked machine running Windows XP sp2 with Office 2003
sp3. All of the emails are going to the junk folder. I have went into
settings and changed everything I know to change, including adding the
domain to the trusted list, turning off filtering,etc. I even
uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Common sense tells me it's an
exchange server problem, but only this one user is having this
problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Tillman

      9th Jul 2008
kboswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a networked machine running Windows XP sp2 with Office 2003
> sp3. All of the emails are going to the junk folder. I have went into
> settings and changed everything I know to change, including adding the
> domain to the trusted list, turning off filtering,etc. I even
> uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Common sense tells me it's an
> exchange server problem, but only this one user is having this
> problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Uninstall the most recent junk e-mail update and see if that helps.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Neal Hornsby

      21st Dec 2009
Removing the latest updates do not work. I have this problem on two computers and even turning the damn filter off doesn't work. The really stupid part of this is that the crap is coming through and the important mail going to the junk mail folder. Is there some virus that has infected this app that noone is yet aware of?

Brian Tillman wrote:

Re: Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder
09-Jul-08

Uninstall the most recent junk e-mail update and see if that helps
-
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:29 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:

Re: Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder
Uninstall the most recent junk e-mail update and see if that helps
-
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On Friday, July 11, 2008 2:19 AM
kboswell wrote:

Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder
I have a networked machine running Windows XP sp2 with Office 200
sp3. All of the emails are going to the junk folder. I have went int
settings and changed everything I know to change, including adding th
domain to the trusted list, turning off filtering,etc. I eve
uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Common sense tells me it's a
exchange server problem, but only this one user is having thi
problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Build a C# DictionaryHashList Collection class
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...onaryhash.aspx

VanguardLH

      21st Dec 2009
Neal Hornsby wrote:

[NOTE: Improperly formatted post deliberately truncated to illustrate poor
posting format at Egghead.]

> Removing the latest updates do not work. I have this problem on two compu

<snipped - improperly quoted posts>

And you expected a reply from participants of a /*17-MONTH OLD*/ thread?
Next time notice the datestamps before replying.

And why are you trying to hijack someone else's thread to get help on your
own problem? You haven't a clue if you have the same setup as the original
poster. For example, you don't know if you have the same type of e-mail
account. Perhaps you happen to use IMAP and it isn't Outlook that is moving
anything but instead the server-side junk filtering. Start your own NEW
thread giving details of YOUR setup and YOUR problem.

> Submitted via EggHeadCafe

A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to leech from
Usenet or to provide web-based access for Usenet-ignorant users. Despite
the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in Usenet.

How to post to Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context under which the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.

How to quote correctly:

Never use quoted-printable or HTML format when posting to Usenet.
Always post using plain text. Wrap lines at 76 characters, or less.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      21st Dec 2009
Does it move everything to the junk folder or just some messages? Does it
help if you add those senders to the safe list?

As for junk getting through, make sure you address is not on the safe list
or in contacts if you trust all addresses in contacts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

"Neal Hornsby" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Removing the latest updates do not work. I have this problem on two
> computers and even turning the damn filter off doesn't work. The really
> stupid part of this is that the crap is coming through and the important
> mail going to the junk mail folder. Is there some virus that has infected
> this app that noone is yet aware of?
>

> Brian Tillman wrote:
>
> Re: Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder
> 09-Jul-08
>
> Uninstall the most recent junk e-mail update and see if that helps.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

> On Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:29 PM
> Brian Tillman wrote:
>
> Re: Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder
> Uninstall the most recent junk e-mail update and see if that helps.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> On Friday, July 11, 2008 2:19 AM
> kboswell wrote:
>
> Outlook is putting ALL mail in junk folder
> I have a networked machine running Windows XP sp2 with Office 2003
> sp3. All of the emails are going to the junk folder. I have went into
> settings and changed everything I know to change, including adding the
> domain to the trusted list, turning off filtering,etc. I even
> uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Common sense tells me it's an
> exchange server problem, but only this one user is having this
> problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Build a C# DictionaryHashList Collection class
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...onaryhash.aspx

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      21st Dec 2009
I guess when these groups move to web forums only, you won't be gracing us
with your sour attitude?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

"VanguardLH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgmf46$snk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neal Hornsby wrote:
>
> [NOTE: Improperly formatted post deliberately truncated to illustrate poor
> posting format at Egghead.]
>
>> Removing the latest updates do not work. I have this problem on two
>> compu

> <snipped - improperly quoted posts>

<sniped whiny crap>