Outlook protocol error #0x80040607 can' send outgoing e-mail

sailor dan

      14th Oct 2008
I can receive e-mail on Outlook but I can't send outgoing e-mail. settings
test shows OK then a protocol error pops up. Can't find the error code that
pops up. 0x80040607. I have run the repair but that didn't help. I have
spent days working on it and can't get it working.

Jocelyn Fiorello

      16th Oct 2008
This article may help you troubleshoot your problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

--
Jocelyn Fiorello

"sailor dan" wrote:

> I can receive e-mail on Outlook but I can't send outgoing e-mail. settings
> test shows OK then a protocol error pops up. Can't find the error code that
> pops up. 0x80040607. I have run the repair but that didn't help. I have
> spent days working on it and can't get it working.

ahmed adel

      24th Nov 2010

???? ?????? ??? ???????? 0x80040607 # '

> On Monday, October 13, 2008 10:32 PM sailor da wrote:

> I can receive e-mail on Outlook but I can't send outgoing e-mail. settings
> test shows OK then a protocol error pops up. Can't find the error code that
> pops up. 0x80040607. I have run the repair but that didn't help. I have
> spent days working on it and can't get it working.

>> On Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:48 AM JocelynFiorell wrote:

>> This article may help you troubleshoot your problem:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
>> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> "sailor dan" wrote:

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>> Merging SharePoint List Data into Word Documents
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...documents.aspx

Peter Foldes

      24th Nov 2010
deadhead from egghead. Start your own post

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ahmed adel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ???? ?????? ??? ???????? 0x80040607 # '
>
>> On Monday, October 13, 2008 10:32 PM sailor da wrote:

>> I can receive e-mail on Outlook but I can't send outgoing e-mail. settings
>> test shows OK then a protocol error pops up. Can't find the error code that
>> pops up. 0x80040607. I have run the repair but that didn't help. I have
>> spent days working on it and can't get it working.

>>> On Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:48 AM JocelynFiorell wrote:

>>> This article may help you troubleshoot your problem:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>>>
>>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
>>> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>>

>>> "sailor dan" wrote:

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>>> Merging SharePoint List Data into Word Documents
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...documents.aspx

New Member

      31st May 2012
PROBLEM SOLVED

Go to account settings
More settings
Outgoing Servers settings
Choose the option "Log on using" and enter your information and save.

This should take care of the problem.

zorastalin@gmail.com

      25th Nov 2013
It may be a reason of Outlook PST file corruption. You can run Inbox repair tool to scan fix minor corruption issues if PST corrupted. Otherwise use a strong PST repair program to fix all errors related to Outlook.
[ deleted ]