Outlook Inbox Repair Tool

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

      17th Jan 2005
I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook
pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
applied. Any suggestions?

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

      17th Jan 2005
Hi,

Depending on version, you will find it under either tools or help, look for
detect and repair.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

>I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the
>Outlook
> pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair
> Tool,
> but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
> applied. Any suggestions?

Bob Maria

      16th Jun 2011
On Jun 8, 12:16*am, zlatan24 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Steve;857559 Wrote:> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the
> > Outlook
> > pst file. *The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair
> > Tool,
> > but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
> > applied. Any suggestions?

> This problem is very popular among users. It requires serious solution
> which can provide some usable tools. Their capabilities allow to solve
> out such troubles for some hours - 'dbx repair'
> (http://www.dbxrepairtool.com).
>
> --
> zlatan24

DBX files are there in Outlook Express dude not outlook.
read the article regarding info about how to use inbox repair tool
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...010075831.aspx
inbox repair tool determines if the file structure of the pst file is
intact or not. It will rebuild the structure if it is not.
If you want to recover deleted emails, address book than a third party
software like http://www.pstrecovery.org/ can be useful

annice.ava@gmail.com

      24th Jul 2012
On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook
> pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
> but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
> applied. Any suggestions?

Nothing to worry. Inbox repair tool is a free utility that installed automatically with the Outlook installation.But the location of scanpst.exe varies with the Outlook version. So, to use inbox repair tool:
1.Browse the location of Scanpst.exe
2.Double click it to run it
3.Browse the path of damaged PST file
4.Then Scan
The tool will repair the PST file but in case pst file is severely damaged then inbox repair tool not responding. In such case, you can use third party Outlook PST repair.
http://www.inboxrepairtoolnotresponding.com

glee

      24th Jul 2012
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
>> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the
>> Outlook
>> pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox
>> Repair Tool,
>> but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility
>> is
>> applied. Any suggestions?

> The location of scanpst.exe depends on your version of Outlook and
> whether or not you are using a 64-bit version of Windows.
> When using Outlook 2000, 2002/XP or 2003, then the location also
> depends on your installed language of Office
> source: hxxp://www.inboxrepair-tool.com

Spam. The free Tool that comes with Outlook is all that's needed. This
tool of yours is totally unneeded and only a fool would pay money for it
when the built-in facility already exists in Outlook.
--
Glen Ventura
MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

Melbin Mathew

      7th Aug 2012
On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool, but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is applied. Any suggestions?

This will help you to repair the Outlook PST file.

http://www.techiesweb.com/how-to-rep...g-scanpst-exe/

Thanks,
Melbin Mathew
www.techiesweb.com

samithjoseph@gmail.com

      22nd Feb 2013
Locate scanpst.exe in order to run the inbox repair tool. It is present in the hidden folders depending upon the Outlook version and Windows OS.
for more details: http://www.scan-pst-exe.net

mickrosty@gmail.com

      3rd Jun 2013
Inbox Repair tool is a inbuilt utility to run it you need to locate the path of scapst.exe file. If still having problem to fix errors in Outlook, youcan use Inbox PST Repair tool which is automatically fix all corruption and errors in Outlook. To get more information please visit http://www.inboxpstrepair.com

tyuakmal@gmail.com

      3rd Jun 2013
PST file corruption and errors in Outlook is very common issue and to fix it Outlook has also provide an inbuilt repair tool called scanpst.exe. You need to just run it by visiting the location of this tool. If still having problem and want to repair PST file easily then go for third party tool.
for more info : http://www.errorpst.com

bonmaria57@gmail.com

      3rd Jun 2013
On Monday, January 17, 2005 4:57:03 AM UTC+5:30, Steve wrote:
> I am not able to open/expand folders because there is an error in the Outlook
> pst file. The error message is instructing me to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
> but there are no clear directions describing how this repair utility is
> applied. Any suggestions?

Use another inbox repair tool from [deleted] for the successful recovery of your inbox mails and other items.