Outlook forms

Marek Staniewski

      17th Apr 2009
I sent this message to the community few days ago but it did not appear on
the list. So maybe this time I have a luck?

My question is:.

Is it possible to set in outlook form some button which will direct user
to an Outlook folder (it will opent an Outlook specifed folder)?
Additional requirement is that this direction would be to a folder placed in
an Outlook Public Folder.

Marek Staniewski

Sue Mosher [MVP]

      17th Apr 2009
Do you mean that you want a button on a published custom form to display an
Outlook folder in a new window? Yes, that's possible. To get a non-default
folder, you need to walk the folder hierarchy using the Folders collections
or use a function that does that for you. For examples, see:

http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=628 - uses a folder path
string
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=492 - searches for a folder by
name
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1164 - uses a folder path
string in the Public Folders hierarchy

Once you have the folder, call its Display method.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...