Outlook folder security

=?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IEdhbWJsZQ==?=

      2nd Dec 2003
I was wondering if there is a way to set a password on a specific folder in the "Personal Folders" list in Outlook XP. I have several sub-folders under my Inbox, and I would like to secure one specific folder by requiring a password to view the messages there.

Roady

      2nd Dec 2003
No, you can't do this on a per folder level for pst-files. You can do this
on the complete pst;
Rightclick the root folder (probably Outlook Today)-> properties-> button
Advanced-> button Change Password...

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Questions of the month:
-Color Code Your E-Mail Advanced
-Add Sound To Your E-mail

www.sparnaaij.net

-----
"Jeremy Gamble" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was wondering if there is a way to set a password on a specific folder

in the "Personal Folders" list in Outlook XP. I have several sub-folders
under my Inbox, and I would like to secure one specific folder by requiring
a password to view the messages there.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IEdhbWJsZQ==?=

      2nd Dec 2003
Okie doke. I didn't think so, since I wasn't able to find any documentation on it, but I was just wondering. Boy, would that be a nifty feature for a future update/release for Outlook... :-Þ

Roady

      2nd Dec 2003
Well it is reality for in an Exchange organisation as the access is
controlled by the server. I don't think it will ever become reality for
pst-files as they can't be shared anyway. The eassiest method is to isolate
that folder in a separate pst-file and password protect that one.

But you can try your suggestion anyway. Post it here;
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggestions.aspx